Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

tadpole

Not sure if someone has posted this yet, but here is a woman who was fired from Disney’s the mandalorian or whatever that space dork show is called.
I’ve been enjoying the Mandalorian and her character in it. It’s unusual and a welcome change to have a female buff, tuff, brute protagonist. I was disappointed to hear she was fired by Disney, and angry when I learned the reason for it. I don’t see how anything she wrote was even remotely anti-Semitic. It reminds me of when Drew Brees was eviscerated for saying he believes we shouldn’t disrespect the American flag. Disgusting.

wilberforce15

I’ve been enjoying the Mandalorian and her character in it. It’s unusual and a welcome change to have a female buff, tuff, brute protagonist. I was disappointed to hear she was fired by Disney, and angry when I learned the reason for it. I don’t see how anything she wrote was even remotely anti-Semitic. It reminds me of when Drew Brees was eviscerated for saying he believes we shouldn’t disrespect the American flag. Disgusting.
She was fired for saying lefties are doing bad things, and conservatives are not Nazis.

That's what she was fired for.

wilberforce15

The funny thing is, I'll defend her on this but I think she was the weakest part of the mandalorian.

There is nothing worth a bigger eyeroll than a supposed woman warrior. It's like they have to turn women into men to make them admirable, instead of just letting them be women.

El Correcto

god is dead
Haven’t watched the show, but she seems like a mostly good individual and most certainly not a hate monger out to hurt people.

They also brought up that her Holocaust comparison was mirrored by a left wing star comparing the border control facilities to the Holocaust. If I recall correctly an antifa dude tried to blow up one of those facilities and got shot dead while doing so. That actor faced minimum backlash and no firing.

vantexan

Seriously, I just had one of you pidgeons prove themselves wrong about the media not reporting Corona virus declines by posting a NYT article that reported Corona virus declines and then strut around claiming he won.

You might be as dumb as he. Judging from the rest of your post (open borders, ha, show me where Biden ever called for open borders), this is quite possible.

Go look up Biden's words yourself.
Are you not aware? Have you not seen Biden's orders to ICE and the Border Patrol about allowing in asylum seekers who Trump had waiting in Mexico? Back to the Obama era where they are given a court date and released into our country with most never showing up in court. And criminal illegals aren't being deported for most crimes including sexual assault. And what does his NY Post article have to do with me? For someone so certain of himself you seem to live on assumptions.

tadpole

The funny thing is, I'll defend her on this but I think she was the weakest part of the mandalorian.

There is nothing worth a bigger eyeroll than a supposed woman warrior. It's like they have to turn women into men to make them admirable, instead of just letting them be women.
Come on, man! It’s fantasy/science fiction! I think she pulled it off. I don’t recall ever seeing character like her in the Star Wars universe.

wilberforce15

Come on, man! It’s fantasy/science fiction! I think she pulled it off. I don’t recall ever seeing character like her in the Star Wars universe.

Disney hates women being women, though, which is why they have to turn all of their women into men.

It's the only thing they know how to write. If a woman isn't a warrior (Admiral Gender Studies, Mary Sue Jedi, etc.) then they don't even know how to make her good.

They can't write it literally because they hate women.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

California has civil rights laws that protect employees from being discriminated against for political affiliation. Disney is in for a world of hurt.

wilberforce15

California has civil rights laws that protect employees from being discriminated against for political affiliation. Disney is in for a world of hurt.
Nope. Because the judges are more woke than Disney is.

All they have to do is tell the judge that their actress was marginalizing or mocking an oppressed group, and oppressor isn't a valid political affiliation. Case closed.

tadpole

Disney hates women being women, though, which is why they have to turn all of their women into men.

It's the only thing they know how to write. If a woman isn't a warrior (Admiral Gender Studies, Mary Sue Jedi, etc.) then they don't even know how to make her good.

They can't write it literally because they hate women.
I can see your point. They are trying to break away from having the lead female just be a damsel in distress hot chick. I can see how it feels like they’re kind of shoving it down our throats that women can be just as strong as men all the time, and don’t even show many regular, every day women. But I think Cara Dune is a sweet character.

wilberforce15

I can see your point. They are trying to break away from having the lead female just be a damsel in distress hot chick. I can see how it feels like they’re kind of shoving it down our throats that women can be just as strong as men all the time, and don’t even show many regular, every day women. But I think Cara Dune is a sweet character.
Then they downgraded the princess.

They took a princess and turned her into a General.

Talk about a demotion. Generals aren't special or important. Princesses are.

tadpole

I think the fans might backlash against this one and get her rehired. Kind a like the director of guardians of the galaxy.

wilberforce15

I think the fans might backlash against this one and get her rehired. Kind a like the director of guardians of the galaxy.
Disney does not care about the economics.

They could lose every fan, and go out of business, and it wouldn't affect their decision.

It's a moral crusade. Greed won't change their minds.

tadpole

Disney does not care about the economics.

They could lose every fan, and go out of business, and it wouldn't affect their decision.

It's a moral crusade. Greed won't change their minds.
I disagree. Why did they take Kathleen Kennedy out of making the important decisions in Star Wars?