Christianity

Non liberal

Happy Easter!

On this day where Christians across the world remember the resurrection and celebrate the risen Jesus. I thought I would share some, not all, core beliefs of mine as they specifically relate to this day.

I believe in God the Father.

I believe in Jesus the Christ.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus is the Word made Flesh.

I believe Jesus is alive today.

I believe the Holy Spirit lives in people today and always.

I believe Jesus can be personally known apart from religion written or not.

I do not believe the religious text commonly know as the Bible is the word of God. I believe it is a word from God passed down by men who were inspired to document their imperfect faith and understanding of God. I believe much can be learned from it regard a religious and spiritual life.

I believe God loves you and God loves me with an everlasting, unconditional and infinite love.

I also believe in complete religious freedom and I respect the right to believe or disbelieve anything as your personal thought, conscience, or spirit dictates.

Again, Happy Easter to the BC Community regardless of what you believe or don’t believe. Enjoy your day!

Sincerely,
I
You wouldn’t know Jesus without the Bible. From your own admission of course. Since Jesus is the word made flesh, which I agree with. You can’t pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to believe. God said he would preserve his word. If you believe the Bible, that’s what you have to believe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Apparently he does not believe in Christ, he believes in religion. A lost soul. His religion is whatever he makes it, instead of what the Bible invented. I’m not going to say I am perfect, but at least I know enough to know I wouldn’t have religion without the Bible.
Apparently he does not believe in Christ, he believes in religion.
A lost soul.
You judge my soul?
His religion is whatever he makes it, instead of what the Bible invented.
The Bible invented God?
I’m not going to say I am perfect, but at least I know enough to know I wouldn’t have religion without the Bible.
I believe perfection can only be found in God. I believe that all religion, including the Bible, is imperfect.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You wouldn’t know Jesus without the Bible. From your own admission of course. Since Jesus is the word made flesh, which I agree with. You can’t pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to believe. God said he would preserve his word. If you believe the Bible, that’s what you have to believe.
You wouldn’t know Jesus without the Bible.
I don’t agree.
From your own admission of course. Since Jesus is the word made flesh, which I agree with.
It seems we don’t share the same understanding of “Word made flesh”.
You can’t pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to believe. God said he would preserve his word. If you believe the Bible, that’s what you have to believe.
That may be your theory but not mine. Do you attend regular church seevices?

Non liberal

You judge my soul?

The Bible invented God?

I believe perfection can only be found in God. I believe that all religion, including the Bible, is imperfect.
I don’t judge your soul, I judge you. The Bible didn’t invent god, it is god. It says in the beginning was the word, and the word became flesh. Religion is imperfect, no argument there. I don’t volition in religion, I believe in Christ.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t judge your soul, I judge you. The Bible didn’t invent god, it is god. It says in the beginning was the word, and the word became flesh. Religion is imperfect, no argument there. I don’t volition in religion, I believe in Christ.
I don’t judge your soul, I judge you.
What do you mean by this?
The Bible didn’t invent god, it is god.
That is what you said, no? Now you are saying the Bible is God. I don’t hold to your theory that the Bible is God. Do you worship the Bible?
It says in the beginning was the word, and the word became flesh.
It is my belief that the word here is referring to Jesus, not the Bible.
Religion is imperfect, no argument there. I don’t volition in religion, I believe in Christ.
I believe in Jesus as well.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No problem; but you can see where I'm coming from.
I had one guy pulling up posts of mine from last year to show how I was violating the TOS and getting away with it.
Pretty forked up.
We’re pretty much the IRS. Anything within the last three years we will go after and add huge interest penalties. :)

vantexan

Happy Easter!

On this day where Christians across the world remember the resurrection and celebrate the risen Jesus. I thought I would share some, not all, core beliefs of mine as they specifically relate to this day.

I believe in God the Father.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus is the Word made Flesh.

I believe Jesus is alive today.

I believe the Holy Spirit lives in people today and always.

I believe Jesus can be personally known apart from religion written or not.

I do not believe the religious text commonly know as the Bible is the word of God. I believe it is a word from God passed down by men who were inspired to document their imperfect faith and understanding of God. I believe much can be learned from it regard a religious and spiritual life.

I believe God loves you and God loves me with an everlasting, unconditional and infinite love.

I also believe in complete religious freedom and I respect the right to believe or disbelieve anything as your personal thought, conscience, or spirit dictates.

Again, Happy Easter to the BC Community regardless of what you believe or don’t believe. Enjoy your day!

Sincerely,
I
@Integrity here you go

El Correcto

god is dead
@Integrity
I don’t really think about perfection, so I don’t know if I’m a perfect human.
My personal belief that you can apply to anything and everything, “it is what it is”.
Everything is the only way it could ever be and always outside anyone of our control.