Connect your care

NC man

The card they gave us for health care bills, I called and put in info and it gave three diffferent account balances,915, 600 and 100. What’s the deal? Anyone know or checked your balance lately.

McFeely

Huge Member
I have the app on my phone. I have roughly $550 (out of $600 I think?) of base credits and $100 of the earned credits for my HRA.
The base credits are what FedEx puts in (larger amounts for spouse + kids) and the earned credits are the money you can get usually by watching some video at the beginning of the year.
Also, I believe the CYC card can be paired up as a FSA if you elect to have additional money taken out of your paycheck pre-tax for medical and childcare expenses. If you have kids in childcare, the FSA is a great way to set aside some money for that monthly payment and it saves you some tax money.

NC man

I’m assuming the 600 100 is from last enrollment 100 for the video plus the reg 600,not sure where the 915 is coming from.the nbr I cant talk to anyone.have to see if I can talk to someone somehow

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I have the app on my phone. I have roughly $550 (out of $600 I think?) of base credits and $100 of the earned credits for my HRA.
The base credits are what FedEx puts in (larger amounts for spouse + kids) and the earned credits are the money you can get usually by watching some video at the beginning of the year.
Also, I believe the CYC card can be paired up as a FSA if you elect to have additional money taken out of your paycheck pre-tax for medical and childcare expenses. If you have kids in childcare, the FSA is a great way to set aside some money for that monthly payment and it saves you some tax money.
Beware the CYC! FSA money comes out FIRST, BEFORE any credits, BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR IT! (according to FedEx)

That means the money you set aside in the FSA is GONE before a dime of the $600 or $700 is used.

Ask me how I know!

McFeely

Huge Member
FSA money is a use-it or lose-it account anyway, so it is generally in your best interest to use all of that money each year before the cutoff date. HRA money (up to a certain amount) rolls over each year.

I was grateful for my HRA money accumulating because last year I had some cancer-related costs that quickly exceeded what my normal medical expenses are each year.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Beware the CYC! FSA money comes out FIRST, BEFORE any credits, BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR IT! (according to FedEx)

That means the money you set aside in the FSA is GONE before a dime of the $600 or $700 is used.

Ask me how I know!
They really think we’re stupid, don’t they? Why would we want the money WE put in to be used before the money FedEx puts in?

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m assuming the 600 100 is from last enrollment 100 for the video plus the reg 600,not sure where the 915 is coming from.the nbr I cant talk to anyone.have to see if I can talk to someone somehow

The 915 might be the leftover/unused money from previous years. It can still be used though.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FSA money is a use-it or lose-it account anyway, so it is generally in your best interest to use all of that money each year before the cutoff date. HRA money (up to a certain amount) rolls over each year.

I was grateful for my HRA money accumulating because last year I had some cancer-related costs that quickly exceeded what my normal medical expenses are each year.
While I don’t disagree, we should be able to designate which fund to use for which expense.

falcon back

Different aspects of the balances can be used different ways. FSA can be used for practically anything medical, dental or vision related. You can pay for most over the counter drugs, eye care or dental related needs. FSA money can indeed be carried over for a certain amount of time. FSA regulations are governed by IRS rules, no matter what operational wants to cry about. She complains about things and has no idea why things are the way they are. HRA money can roll over for several years, FSA money can't. Connect Care is very easy to get ahold of. I have talked to them several times and had no issues getting ahold of them.

Last edited:

NC man

I forgot all about the money they give us until I saw the card buried in my wallet and I paid some medical bills already out of pocket recently,ugh

falcon back

I forgot all about the money they give us until I saw the card buried in my wallet and I paid some medical bills already out of pocket recently,ugh
You can call or go online to get reimbursed. The EOB from Cigna or whoever is your administrator is all the documentation you need. Very easy transaction