Conversation with Manager

AB831

My manager is off today, so I had the following conversation between the man filling in for the day

him: hey, did you talk to *your manager*
me: no, he’s off
Him: okay, well can you take P2 off of *so and so*
me: sorry, man. I’m trying to make an emergency dental appointment because I’m in a lot of pain, and I need to leave as soon as possible
Him: WOW
Me: yeah, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to make it in, but I needed....
Him: *turns around and walks away*

bacha29

My manager is off today, so I had the following conversation between the man filling in for the day

me: sorry, man. I’m trying to make an emergency dental appointment because I’m in a lot of pain, and I need to leave as soon as possible
You need not be surprised or concerned with this guy you encountered. He's just a slow thinking white boy....The world's full of them.

dezguy

Probably just butt hurt that the plan he was going to use wasn't going to work out and he would actually have to manage and figure out a new plan.

If I've learned anything from my time at FedEx, it's managers don't enjoy having to do their job.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Probably just butt hurt that the plan he was going to use wasn't going to work out and he would actually have to manage and figure out a new plan.

If I've learned anything from my time at FedEx, it's managers don't enjoy having to do their job.
But they stepped up to the plate and accepted responsibility when you didn’t, so that makes them superior.

(Still can’t find the sarcasm font)

bacha29

But they stepped up to the plate and accepted responsibility when you didn’t, so that makes them superior.

(Still can’t find the sarcasm font)
That's the whole problem. How many of them do? Believe me, preserving their so called "careers" is all that matters to them.
It's like one senior terminal manager told me whenever they wanted me to do something that was completely outside the realm upon which it could be expected of me and I objected,....his response? "Just go along with it so I can get the friend*!*k out of here!. Had to admire him for his honesty.

falcon back

Cool story. Maybe next time you can actually have a point to make

McFeely

Huge Member
Me: turns around and punches out.

You’ve already turned in your 2 weeks, maybe you could just say “never mind today is my last day”

AB831

Me: turns around and punches out.

You’ve already turned in your 2 weeks, maybe you could just say “never mind today is my last day”
Very true, but because of my current tooth pain, I need my current insurance to last until the new one starts.