Coronavirus Leave

fedexnyc

Anyone else here been out because of your health or a family members health and had the company try to screw you around with unpaid leave and no unemployment.
They want me to sign a 30 day unpaid leave letter when I have FMLA and plenty of my own time.Just curious.Thanks

AB831

Anyone else here been out because of your health or a family members health and had the company try to screw you around with unpaid leave and no unemployment.
They want me to sign a 30 day unpaid leave letter when I have FMLA and plenty of my own time.Just curious.Thanks
No, but that sounds par for the course.

Gone fishin

I thought the government actually gave money to the companies for this very reason , to compensate employees during leave. I’m sure Fred probably just kept it

Buhryein

I had a two week forced off as my son at home tested positive. Was paid min's. No hassle, no paper work.

Consider yourself lucky maybe it happened before they made adjustments, we had a guy go out because he tested positive first thing they said was he didn't get it at work so he had to use all his sick 5 vacation and then request short term disability.

Nolimitz

was just a couple weeks ago. I was never tested. Also have a guy out now for the 2nd time as he was "potentially" exposed at home?

!Retired!

I had a two week forced off as my son at home tested positive. Was paid min's. No hassle, no paper work.
Was it your time....vacation, personal days, floaters, sick days?

It was my understanding that if you self quarantine (stay home, but don't test positive), you have to use your time. If you test positive, you don't need to use your time, they will pay you minimums.

Nolimitz

Was it your time....vacation, personal days, floaters, sick days?

It was my understanding that if you self quarantine (stay home, but don't test positive), you have to use your time. If you test positive, you don't need to use your time, they will pay you minimums.
No I did not use any vac, personal, sick, FMLA. I was never tested. My son tested positive and I was told to take two weeks off. It was not self quarantine but FedEx mandated by MEM. I would have worked or raised hell if I had to use my benefits time to stay home. On the flip side, my wife a nurse continued to work at the hospital and was also not tested as neither of us had any symptoms

El Morado Diablo

We've had someone out for a couple of weeks now after their family member tested positive. They aren't on the schedule for next week too. When asked how FedEx handles this we were told they handle every situation on an individual basis. I personally think this is a line of BS; it seems like there would be a consistent guideline for everyone in this situation. I guess we will know more when our co-worker returns to work.

Gone fishin

We’ve been told if we travel to “ hot spot “ states , a mandatory 2 weeks quarantined. You must use any paid leave you have left

Nolimitz

We’ve been told if we travel to “ hot spot “ states , a mandatory 2 weeks quarantined. You must use any paid leave you have left
makes sense really. you choose to put your self at risk. not sure how it could be enforced unless your really honest. I dont announce my vacation plans

Gone fishin

Well , as fed ex goes you pick vacations long before the actual vacation as you know. When I vacation , I have everything paid for before I go , much more enjoyable. So there’s that

fedexnyc

Thanks.My wife has severe auto immune issues.They paid me for 2 weeks of my own time back in April.Havent gotten a dime since

!Retired!

No I did not use any vac, personal, sick, FMLA. I was never tested. My son tested positive and I was told to take two weeks off. It was not self quarantine but FedEx mandated by MEM. I would have worked or raised hell if I had to use my benefits time to stay home. On the flip side, my wife a nurse continued to work at the hospital and was also not tested as neither of us had any symptoms
Well....at least they didn't force you to use your time. But, should have given you the option to. Just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it. One of my co-workers wife had it. They wouldn't test him because he didn't have enough of the symptoms. They did make him stay home and use his vacation or sick days (not sure which).

PS..Thank your wife for doing what she does. My wife's a nurse also and they turned her unit into a COVID floor for 3 weeks.

Nolimitz

Well....at least they didn't force you to use your time. But, should have given you the option to. Just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it. One of my co-workers wife had it. They wouldn't test him because he didn't have enough of the symptoms. They did make him stay home and use his vacation or sick days (not sure which).

PS..Thank your wife for doing what she does. My wife's a nurse also and they turned her unit into a COVID floor for 3 weeks.
same to your wife. Mines in L&D and so far no covid on her floor. I'll take the 3 hour hit with min pay rather than burn my sick time or vac for when I need or want it.