Customer packing techniques

bumped

No lie it has gotten on my area that when I go get one of these Amazon returns they usually don’t have the box,so I have just started putting the label on the product.
I slap the RS1 label right on the product also. It's Amazon and I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter if its a book or a laptop. If its not in a box I'll slap it right on the product.

vvv

Why? .....Yeah ? well your not a RPCD , I would have to go back tomorrow.
🧔✊
Of course I am. I just don't let people pass garbage off on me like that.

I'm the type where I like to do things right or not at all. And I expect it of others. And if they don't I just don't go along with the program.

If stuff is sliding around inside even if it's sealed properly I won't take it. Too many countless times I hear....."oh well that's the way I received it". And I just simply reply....."well I care to do things the right way and I can't control how they sent it or their poor work habits. But I won't be picking it up like that".

Same if companies use FedEx or other carriers supplies such as boxes and ship it UPS......not happening. I refuse the pickup. Just the way I'm wired.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I'm the type where I like to do things right or not at all. And I expect it of others. And if they don't I just don't go along with the program.
Do you yell at your center manager when you see boxes open/damaged on the belt cause it hurts your feelings?
🧔✊

vvv

Do you yell at your center manager when you see boxes open/damaged on the belt cause it hurts your feelings?
🧔✊

Nope. Only concerned with what's on or entering my specific load

I'll tell you what, you ladies can laugh at my style all you like. But it's gotten me all the attention and special "perks" I've needed over my time here. The day you consistently take out your own route at peak with only 25-30 delivery stops with hours and hours per day of lunch time to work out, shoot hoops, go swimming, toss around some flight attendants on stopovers.....simply because the manager didn't want to deal with a headache and fight the fight because he knows it wouldn't get him anywhere....well you get back to me then. Thing is I'd never hear from you.
So, put tape on it and be on your way.
I don't carry tape with me. Only personal stuff.

Last edited:
Nope. Only concerned with what's on or entering my specific load

I'll tell you what, you ladies can laugh at my style all you like. But it's gotten me all the attention and special "perks" I've needed over my time here. The day you consistently take out your own route at peak with only 25-30 delivery stops with hours and hours per day of lunch time to work out, shoot hoops, go swimming, toss around some flight attendants on stopovers.....simply because the manager didn't want to deal with a headache and fight the fight because he knows it wouldn't get him anywhere....well you get back to me then. Thing is I'd never hear from you.

I don't carry tape with me. Only personal stuff.

Because why would you provide any form of service...at least you're a big deal to you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Why wouldn't you pick up a package that is in another companies box? That is completely asinine.
I get kind of paranoid about it now because when I first started, management kept prodding me for a week about where I might have remembered loading "any box that has fedex markings on it". Supposedly it was about someone stealing from the building but it remains the wierdest interaction I've had since I've started. None of those managers work here anymore either to ask what it was about.
What about delivering a pkg in another companies box?
As long as it has a UPS label and all other company labels have been made illegible and the box was not obviously used in the past to transport hazardous materials.

As for repacking boxes on route, the company provides tape half the time, so you might be able to tape them up half the time...

Spanky250

Nope, that's when I say to them "looks like your package isn't ready for shipment so here's the label when you get it boxed up just peel and stick this bad boy right on there and go drop it off, have a nice day.

Exactly. If it isn't properly packaged I refuse it. I don't even tape packages shut, you knew you were returning it, go buy some tape.