Do you still get G8s as a 22.4 driver?

542thruNthru

A couple of em drive G6's here.
8OTR.gif

JJinVA

22.4 is a full time position, so yes, you could technically get guaranteed 8s every day that they ask you to work. Though I still think that the harder you make it on the management, the harder theyll make it on you. Dispatch will start sending you out on routes that are brutal since 22.4s dont have bidded routes, start complaining about your numbers etc. They have ways to sabotage your day without it appearing to be harassment. Pick and choose your battles.

Seymour Packages

22.4 is a full time position, so yes, you could technically get guaranteed 8s every day that they ask you to work. Though I still think that the harder you make it on the management, the harder theyll make it on you. Dispatch will start sending you out on routes that are brutal since 22.4s dont have bidded routes, start complaining about your numbers etc. They have ways to sabotage your day without it appearing to be harassment. Pick and choose your battles.
Don't know how strong or weak your shop steward is, but I can assure you that the last thing management can do is hold you to numbers when you are a 22.4. If they attempt to mess with you, you can always bring up harassment and they will leave you alone. We pick routes every day by seniority, cover drivers first then the 22.4s. You can't hold a bid route as a 22.4, so the best they can hope for on a daily basis is Air on time (or close to it), commercial done, pick ups on time, and resis. Anything else is a bonus. DO NOT let management intimidate you. Ever. If they even try to, your shop steward should step in immediately (if he or she is worth anything).

Hot Carl

I mean, with no 9.5 rights or 8 hour requests, it's more like a G10. I rarely work <9 hours in any given day, but all that OT is making my bank account nice and fat, even at bottom scale.