• Only When I can’t Maintain 6ft of Separation

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Never

Votes: 32 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I guess you and I (and most people) have different definitions of the word interesting.

It's interesting because these are the types of reports that drive policy decisions. Anybody who cares enough can read the source material and draw their own conclusions. Granted most people lack the capacity to do that and need other people to do their thinking for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's interesting because these are the types of reports that drive policy decisions. Anybody who cares enough can read the source material and draw their own conclusions. Granted most people lack the capacity to do that and need other people to do their thinking for them.

Trust me, I neither lack the capacity nor do I need someone to do my thinking for me. My problem is the disconnect between what I am thinking and what I end up saying. That is what usually gets me in trouble.

zimbomb

I guess you and I (and most people) have different definitions of the word interesting.
I watched a German soccer match this afternoon. I'd find a soup can just as interesting and complexing at this point. Thought I will say pretty good game for a background on a Sunday afternoon.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I know you were being funny, but I read the article, and this is what I have a problem with:

"It also explained why universal masking is important because we now have known that a large number of those infected have no symptom."

This, combined with the very weak evidence that pre and asymptomatic transmission is possible, is the justification for making everyone wear masks. There is so little evidence that this happens, from what I can find in literature, that it might as well not even be considered, but everyone talks about it like it is a certainty.
That’s the consensus of Doctors and Scientists that do this for a living. Scientific materialism. Wear the mask when needed to help slow the spread

hellfire

It was a little odd, but it's good to see progress in getting sports going. Germany seems to not suck at this whole pandemic thing.
That’s what happens when you don’t have a incompetent president playing partisan politics. Germany has a clear government led directive and it’s working

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trust me, I neither lack the capacity nor do I need someone to do my thinking for me. My problem is the disconnect between what I am thinking and what I end up saying. That is what usually gets me in trouble.

I wasn't implying that you lacked the capacity. It was a general statement. I have the same problem with communication. I do better when writing, but I tend to be too wordy in trying to get my point across.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That’s the consensus of Doctors and Scientists that do this for a living. Scientific materialism. Wear the mask when needed to help slow the spread

Right, but the game of telephone that occurs between the "experts" and the general public tends to muddy the waters. Specific agendas or misunderstandings on the part of reporters of technical information tend to amplify misunderstanding among the general public. What you think the experts say does not necessarily equal what the experts say. Selective reporting can lead to a false appearance of a "consensus". Truth is not subordinate to "consensus".

I have never been against the proper use of masks to prevent the spread of disease. The common (mis)understanding, however, of proper mask use is, in actuality, a farce. The practice of universal mask usage doesn't even come close to the common (mis)understanding of proper mask usage, which makes it even worse than a farce.

zimbomb

Right, but the game of telephone that occurs between the "experts" and the general public tends to muddy the waters. Specific agendas or misunderstandings on the part of reporters of technical information tend to amplify misunderstanding among the general public. What you think the experts say does not necessarily equal what the experts say. Selective reporting can lead to a false appearance of a "consensus". Truth is not subordinate to "consensus".

I have never been against the proper use of masks to prevent the spread of disease. The common (mis)understanding, however, of proper mask use is, in actuality, a farce. The practice of universal mask usage doesn't even come close to the common (mis)understanding of proper mask usage, which makes it even worse than a farce.
It took me a bit of time to get the hang of wiping my butt as a kid. I'm glad I figured it out. I've needed that skill most every day. Even if I still wet the bed at least I won't smell like :censored2: and impact other's around me.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It took me a bit of time to get the hang of wiping my butt as a kid. I'm glad I figured it out. I've need that skill most every day. Even if I still wet the bed at least I won't smell like :censored2: and impact other's around me.

Good thing you don't need to wipe your butt, sanitize and put on new underwear every ten minutes. Thanks for illustrating the general misunderstanding of mask use.

hellfire

So you’re saying, to be clear, that using a mask in crowded space does no good and will not slow the spread of covid19?

zimbomb

So you’re saying, to be clear, that using a mask in crowded space does no good and will not slow the spread of covid19?
All he is saying is he doesn't want to cover his face holes. Reasoning will shift in multiple directions to fit not covering one's face holes. It's a pointless endeavor and I truly hope no one has to face the repercussions of their own selfishness.

hellfire

All he is saying is he doesn't want to cover his face holes. Reasoning will shift in multiple directions to fit not covering one's face holes. It's a pointless endeavor and I truly hope no one has to face the repercussions of their own selfishness.
Are you his old man or something? Why are you speaking for him