Ending DACA

BrownArmy

I stated early on that I felt empathy for these Dreamers.
Before and now they are all at risk because DACA was not a law.
Get DACA codified and voted in as a law, as Trump suggested.

Republicans under Obama shot down the DREAM act, or whatever.

Do you really think they'll fix this now?

With Harvey spending, the debt ceiling, the budget, tax reform, and (lulz) repealing the ACA?

Imagine Paul Ryan and Mumbles McConnell: Trump just kicked them in the jimmies.

Trump is playing to his shrinking base, no doubt, but he has no leverage nor political capital to spend, and he just threw a live grenade into the Republican foxhole.

Magic 8-Ball says, "Try again".

moreluck

golden ticket member
One can only hope you don't have to interact with any poors (other than the valet parkers and wait staff) while you are there.

Might be too much of a shock to your delicate sensibilities.
The bellman ,Tom, hugs me every time I pull up. With a compromised immune system I try not to interact with too many people........play the high roller machines and you'll be relatively alone. I park my own vehicle!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I stated early on that I felt empathy for these Dreamers.
Before and now they are all at risk because DACA was not a law.
Get DACA codified and voted in as a law, as Trump suggested.
Six months!!.....congress can't even decide what color to paint the walls in that time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At some stops I used to have the kids in the house translate to English what their parents said . If they were returned to their native countries they already have a marketable skill .

While DACA recipients were illegally brought to the United States by their parents when they were children, the minimum age to apply for the program is 15 years old. In fact, the majority of the applicants were over the age of 20 based on 2014 data from the US government. Some have estimated that the average age of dreamers is 25 or 26 years old–hardly children .

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was listening to Ben Shapiro today and he was saying Trump's best move would have been to let the court challenges go ahead. He could have chosen not to defend the EO and just let the courts strike it down. Then he could pass the buck to congress and make them fix it. Instead Trump stepped on a rake and decided to try and drive Latino voter turnout in the midterms.
yea like 2016

rod

Retired 23 years
Stop the program now---let those already here stay IF they are productive citizens (not on welfare) --if they screw up-- automatic electric chair. Put Sheriff Joe in charge of it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At some stops I used to have the kids in the house translate to English what their parents said . If they were returned to their native countries they already have a marketable skill .

While DACA recipients were illegally brought to the United States by their parents when they were children, the minimum age to apply for the program is 15 years old. In fact, the majority of the applicants were over the age of 20 based on 2014 data from the US government. Some have estimated that the average age of dreamers is 25 or 26 years old–hardly children .
It's for people brought here when they were children. Glad you're up to speed now, it's good that you're learning.

rod

Retired 23 years
They aren't elligible for welfare, so I think we're ok on that front.

They aren't "eligible" for lots of stuff---but they seem to get it. I believe Mn. just made it possible for them to get a drivers license. Go to Mexico and try to get a drivers license.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They aren't "eligible" for lots of stuff---but they seem to get it. I believe Mn. just made it possible for them to get a drivers license. Go to Mexico and try to get a drivers license.
So, he pointed out you're wrong, and your response is "go to mexico".
SMH, no you go to mexico. lol