Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artee

Anyone in the DFW area that got a $3/hr raise through peak, just like Oakland, but were able to keep it and not have it disappear after Jan 1st?

There better be a healthy raise this year or people are going to be beyond pissed. Better be in the 4-5% range. Even managers are being vocal about it and saying FDX better step up. I understand our managers/senior are meeting with the director to pass that message on to the hire ups.

To attract handlers at the ramp it looks like starting wage will be moved to $18/hr. Amazon workers are getting paid more that our starting handler wage, so FDX has to do something. It won't be long before every position in FDX will have to be moved up along the pay scale to keep everything in perspective.

vantexan

Anyone in the DFW area that got a $3/hr raise through peak, just like Oakland, but were able to keep it and not have it disappear after Jan 1st?

There better be a healthy raise this year or people are going to be beyond pissed. Better be in the 4-5% range. Even managers are being vocal about it and saying FDX better step up. I understand our managers/senior are meeting with the director to pass that message on to the hire ups.

To attract handlers at the ramp it looks like starting wage will be moved to $18/hr. Amazon workers are getting paid more that our starting handler wage, so FDX has to do something. It won't be long before every position in FDX will have to be moved up along the pay scale to keep everything in perspective.
Knowing FedEx they'll say if you want handler pay go be a handler.

Cheesypurpletees

4-5% would still be a slap in the face at this point

Artee

4-5% would still be a slap in the face at this point
I agree. Got the 2% raise last year and I am making $30/week less this year because of increased cost of healthcare. I am going backwards. FDX could give up a 10% raise this year and raise costs on us in other areas and we would still come out worse.

Some one mentioned at our place that DHL is getting back into the domestic market and is starting drivers at $25/hr. Wonder if there is any truth in that?

falcon back

I agree. Got the 2% raise last year and I am making $30/week less this year because of increased cost of healthcare. I am going backwards. FDX could give up a 10% raise this year and raise costs on us in other areas and we would still come out worse.

Some one mentioned at our place that DHL is getting back into the domestic market and is starting drivers at $25/hr. Wonder if there is any truth in that?
DHL has entered and departed several times over the years. They are a major player internationally, not so much here.

zeev

Yes and top out at 35 hour

Aquaman

Why work at Fedex and hate your life? Go work at UPS.
Unfortunately most of us didn’t want to be a truck driver during the years when it’s smart to start at UPS. Their wait for driver jobs can be 5-10 years in some markets. Adults with families can’t just quit a job and be a package handler that long. Had I known at 18 that I was going to settle for driving for FedEx, I absolutely would have gone to UPS. But that ship has sailed. So beat it with your gloating and let us miserable employees complain.

falcon back

Unfortunately most of us didn’t want to be a truck driver during the years when it’s smart to start at UPS. Their wait for driver jobs can be 5-10 years in some markets. Adults with families can’t just quit a job and be a package handler that long. Had I known at 18 that I was going to settle for driving for FedEx, I absolutely would have gone to UPS. But that ship has sailed. So beat it with your gloating and let us miserable employees complain.
Then quit complaining about what others have done if you aren't willing to make short term sacrifices for long term gains. It's like people that spend 4 or 5 years attending college to get a better job. They made the sacrifice and then they reap the benefits.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why work at Fedex and hate your life? Go work at UPS.
5E4B4DB6-9FD8-430B-8C36-C6840E50840D.jpeg

Gone fishin

I had a chance at UPS , I had several friends working there. It came down to my buddies were missing all the kids stuff and I had young kids. I missed nothing and don’t regret a thing. Financially we’ve been great