• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquaman

In the 70's
Couple of years
Few years ago
Low 6 figures and still growing
Not drawing my pension so that is yet to be determined
In the 70’s haha. Ya dude the company that hired you is NOT the company that hired us lol. Took you a couple years to top out? Let’s say you worked for FedEx 40+ years... 38 of those years at top pay. If most of us work for FedEx 30 years we’ll be lucky if the last 5-10 years are top out. 38 years saving top pay vs. 5-10 years saving top pay... uhh that’s a massive difference. Hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions difference in retirement savings & compound interest. And you get on this site and brag about it. Dude you lucked into a company that blew up and carried you with it. Now all you can say to anyone who didn’t get the treatment you got is “if you don’t like it leave”. Easy for you to say.

falcon back

In the 70’s haha. Ya dude the company that hired you is NOT the company that hired us lol. Took you a couple years to top out? Let’s say you worked for FedEx 40+ years... 38 of those years at top pay. If most of us work for FedEx 30 years we’ll be lucky if the last 5-10 years are top out. 38 years saving top pay vs. 5-10 years saving top pay... uhh that’s a massive difference. Hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions difference in retirement savings & compound interest. And you get on this site and brag about it. Dude you lucked into a company that blew up and carried you with it. Now all you can say to anyone who didn’t get the treatment you got is “if you don’t like it leave”. Easy for you to say.
Why wake up mad every day? Everyone posts about other jobs paying more, yet you keep clocking in at a job you hate. Makes no sense.

Not many jobs are the same today as they used to be. UPS, auto workers all have tiered salaries. Benefit cuts are everywhere. If you can do better, go for it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
But once he topped out he had nothing to look forward to! (Thanks @floridays for that line!)
Now all he can enjoy is gloating about it. Pathetic.

Aquaman

But once he topped out he had nothing to look forward to! (Thanks @floridays for that line!)
It’s easy to see why he defends the company though. FedEx was very good to him. He literally spent 95%-98% of his very long career here topped out. Probably got first shift after a year or two. He probably spent 38 years of his career on the best day routes. Probably has a massive traditional pension to go along with his portable. Got to enjoy all the perks of a thriving young company... For the rest of us.. well, no. So it makes sense that he bleeds purple & orange. The company gave him a great life. And set him up for a great retirement.

Aquaman

Dude the vast majority of FedEx employees hate this company. From senior managers all the way to handlers. We’re not alone here lol, we’re just the few on this forum. 40+ year guys like you who reaped all the rewards this company used to offer are in the minority here.. not us. And by the way who are you to tell us what to complain about? You don’t even work here anymore haha. It’s not crazy to expect a company to do better when it comes to employees. But then again, you were never wronged by FedEx so you can’t relate.

floridays

You're welcome Mr. Myth, thanks for appreciating it.

I'm sure you've heard it sometime in your career.

Another classic

"If you don't like it McDonalds is hiring."
I bet they don't sling that one out as often as they did in the past.

falcon back

Dude the vast majority of FedEx employees hate this company. From senior managers all the way to handlers. We’re not alone here lol, we’re just the few on this forum. 40+ year guys like you who reaped all the rewards this company used to offer are in the minority here.. not us. And by the way who are you to tell us what to complain about? You don’t even work here anymore haha. It’s not crazy to expect a company to do better when it comes to employees. But then again, you were never wronged by FedEx so you can’t relate.
Simple question. If you don't like your job, why not look elsewhere. Every one lists jobs that pay more and have better benefits. Why don't you go get one of those jobs.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're welcome Mr. Myth, thanks for appreciating it.

I'm sure you've heard it sometime in your career.

Another classic

"If you don't like it McDonalds is hiring."
I bet they don't sling that one out as often as they did in the past.
I heard that line when I got my first review at FedEx, after my Mgr told me how fantastic I was doing and gave me a 6.5. I asked if I was doing so well why not a 7? His response, If I gave you a 7 you wouldn’t have anything to look forward to. Even then I knew that was an idiotic response.

dezguy

I heard that line when I got my first review at FedEx, after my Mgr told me how fantastic I was doing and gave me a 6.5. I asked if I was doing so well why not a 7? His response, If I gave you a 7 you wouldn’t have anything to look forward to. Even then I knew that was an idiotic response.
I got the same thing, years ago except it was during an SFA meeting when I complained about top out taking your entire career to get to. SM gave me the same line like we should be excited that the guy or gal we work next to, that happened to get hired at the right time was making $10 more an hour than us because we get to look forward to have earned a raise, the next year.

Aquaman

I notice everyone is silent when asked about looking for these great paying jobs they always mention. If they are so great, go get one.
Most of us have put in at least a decade and are hoping our seniority can mean something again. We’ve built up vacation and don’t want to start over. Again, another dumb take from an employee that spent his entire career at the top.

falcon back

Most of us have put in at least a decade and are hoping our seniority can mean something again. We’ve built up vacation and don’t want to start over. Again, another dumb take from an employee that spent his entire career at the top.
So you are unhappy where you are. Hate your job and complain every day. You are waiting on the situation to improve and yet you had the same complaints 5 or 6 years ago. Does that sum it up?

fedx

Extra Large Package

I've talked to some employees who have been with the company since the late 70s or early 80s and they told me they topped out in 3 months. Then in the later 80s it became a year, then a year and a half, then 3 years, then 5. But then later on it jumped to 20 years top for no apparent reason. There a lot of old time employees on the FB FedEx Employees page and they can't understand why all the newer employees are so bitter. The old timers will say "I've been with the company 38 years and this company has been nothing but great to me." They don't care that they've been topped out for 37 out of 38 years while everyone else is on step 4 who have already been with the company 14 years.

vantexan

I've talked to some employees who have been with the company since the late 70s or early 80s and they told me they topped out in 3 months. Then in the later 80s it became a year, then a year and a half, then 3 years, then 5. But then later on it jumped to 20 years top for no apparent reason. There a lot of old time employees on the FB FedEx Employees page and they can't understand why all the newer employees are so bitter. The old timers will say "I've been with the company 38 years and this company has been nothing but great to me." They don't care that they've been topped out for 37 out of 38 years while everyone else is on step 4 who have already been with the company 14 years.
I had a topped out employee criticize me for transferring from his station to one where I could get more hours. I pointed out as a rehire back 10 years at that point I was making about $6hr less than him. He was stunned. Literally had no clue what was being done to midrange employees. Other topped out employees over the years seemed to have the attitude "I got mine, too bad for you, deal with it." And for Falcon Fart there are plenty of reasons why employees hang on to a job they don't like. If everyone who hates FedEx took your advice and left, the company would have to shut down. Or do you believe the fantasy that most employees love the company? Be thankful you got in early and get to enjoy a decent retirement.

Last edited:

falcon back

Top out was not 3 months. Some of your other timelines are wrong as well. I believe it was 18 month back then. Stayed that way and then went with the merit raises..

falcon back

I had a topped out employee criticize me for transferring from his station to one where I could get more hours. I pointed out as a rehire back 10 years at that point I was making about $6hr less than him. He was stunned. Literally had no clue what was being done to midrange employees. Other topped out employees over the years seemed to have the attitude "I got mine, too bad for you, deal with it." And for Falcon Fart there are plenty of reasons why employees hang on to a job they don't like. If everyone who hates FedEx took your advice and left the company would have to shut down. Or do you believe the fantasy that most employees love the company? Be thankful you got in early get to enjoy a decent retirement.
I just question why anyone would hate their job and have for many years, yet they keep clocking in. If they had made a change when their life became miserable, well most were probably miserable in grade school. If they left 5 or 6 yrs ago. they would be that far along at their other job.