Extended Area routes to run only 3 days per week?

10:30 resi

(1) EC
(2) Damaged
(3) NSN
(4) just completely roll it, and say, for example, No Adult for a signature package,
(5) building Needs Security Access,
(6) Need Apt or Need Ste when the Apt or Ste number is on the label, but not on the PAL label (and thus not in the DIAD), and
(7) No such street when the street is on Apple Maps and Google Maps.
(1) Maybe there was a dog on the yard
(2) Maybe something was leaking on the package earlier and has dried out by the time you got it
(3) Maybe the consignee hasn't made their house number clearly visible from the street
(4) Maybe an adult wasn't home and the kid was dumb enough to open the door. (Would you really ask a 9 year old for their signature?)
(5) Maybe you need a code to access the building
(6) Okay but why are you taking it personally?
(7) Maybe someone stole the street sign

bumped

I would have hoped to be in a work group with less weak links in it.
This is a different UPS. You're a dinosaur. You care more than they (UPS) do. Free yourself from the stress. If UPS can break your route twice a week your day is probably pretty stress free if you allow it to be. If I had only a 3 day a week schedule from January through October I probably wouldn't retire until 65.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Update: I completely got over COVID & my sore lower back.

I worked as a PM clerk (+ a Sat. car wash) for 2 weeks, and *there is no way that I would ever clerk again* (either AM or PM) for one main reason:

(1) At least 10% of the drivers roll a few stops each, & this falls on the clerk. I always had a full list of tasks to fill the 8 hours, so I am not involving myself AT ALL with drivers who are rolling stops. This is unconscionable, & I am going back to my route away from these slackers!

When I say “roll stops”, the standard I am using is that had I been on the route, the packages would have been delivered, rather than brought back to the building which creates more work for clerks, preloaders, drivers the next day, & management.

Not the clerk’s job to judge if the drivers are cutting corners or not. That falls on the supes. But glad you are back in action. Maybe think about getting on the 9.5 list. 9 hour days are a lot better than 12 hour days for quality of life in my opinion.