Favorite Movie Clips

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
This was my John Wayne movie. This will always be my first and favorite John Wayne film, True Grit #2. The Great John Ford's, The Searchers. I'll never forget the first time I watched it, with my sister and brothers, lying on my parents living room floors braided circular rug, on my belly, a pillow underneath my crossed arms holding up my chin, around 10 years old, broadcast from a TV station out of Boston, from an antenna on our homes roof. What a show. I sometimes I can still watch it and see it from those child's eyes. I've seen this film many times and can still watch it like it was new and fresh.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This was my John Wayne movie. This will always be my first and favorite John Wayne film, True Grit #2. The Great John Ford's, The Searchers. I'll never forget the first time I watched it, with my sister and brothers, lying on my parents living room floors braided circular rug, on my belly, a pillow underneath my crossed arms holding up my chin, around 10 years old, broadcast from a TV station out of Boston, from an antenna on our homes roof. What a show. I sometimes I can still watch it and see it from those child's eyes. I've seen this film many times and can still watch it like it was new and fresh.

Loved that one & Hondo & Liberty Valance

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
"Battle of Gaugamela, also called Battle of Arbela, (Oct. 1, 331 BC) battle in which Alexander the Great completed his conquest of Darius III’s Persian Empire. It was an extraordinary victory achieved against a numerically superior army on ground chosen by the Persians. As at Issus, the aggression of the Macedonian cavalry led by Alexander carried the day."

Britannica.

I am a student of history and a fan of reenactments; as they can be retold from tales and text of that time; and
as former soldier, I can empathise with those individuals, who on that day, so long ago, stood a post. A post next to one another who stood on that same post, and shared its danger, and together made themselves inseparable to each others fate.

The future of Western Culture was decided here in 331 BC. Think about that? It could have gone in such a different direction if Alexander had lost. They don't call him Alexander the Great for nothing.