FedEx contractor revolt?

bbsam

Staff member
I could see them implementing a productivity pay out or some sort of profit sharing. I donā€™t think they believe in the amount of contractors failing or walking. Freds a wait n see kinda leader and right now heā€™s seeing a lot of talk.
I think youā€™re mistaken. Itā€™s happening almost daily.

And of course itā€™s happening just as people are getting ERC checks as peak planning is supposed to begin.

bbsam

Staff member
Good. That is exactly where you start by doing only the required minimum. If there is a complete rejection of K or at the very minimum a 90% rejection then Fat's will know that you mean business.
Wouldnā€™t take even close to 90%. Several large contractors in cities can back up hubs for an entire peak.

Some might take the ramp up money and pocket it and not hire anyone at all. Supposedly X can get that money back if a contractor ā€œfailsā€.

Still interested to see how many just take the ERC money and exit come November. If X continues on the course theyā€™ve been on, that could well be a significant number.

yadig

Wouldnā€™t take even close to 90%. Several large contractors in cities can back up hubs for an entire peak.

Some might take the ramp up money and pocket it and not hire anyone at all. Supposedly X can get that money back if a contractor ā€œfailsā€.

Still interested to see how many just take the ERC money and exit come November. If X continues on the course theyā€™ve been on, that could well be a significant number.
How high does that number get before employee model looks better? At least a employee model gets them the control back they love.

Mutineer

Theyā€™ve been far too greedy and way over controlling.
The greed of others has never aroused anger in me. Because greed is sensible, understandable, and relatable.

It's the control-freaks, the superiority complexes, the passive-aggressive types, and an endless stream of idle threats I simply cannot abide.

bacha29

The little ones will no doubt step in and take as much of it as they can if the premiums are high enough. Trouble is and I'm sure you know that the carrot doesn't dangle on the stick for long until it's pulled back.

bacha29

The greed of others has never aroused anger in me. Because greed is sensible, understandable, and relatable.

It's the control-freaks, the superiority complexes, the passive-aggressive types, and an endless stream of idle threats I simply cannot abide.
By the sounds of things you must have been a graduate of the Gordon ( "greed is good") Gekko School of Ruthless Wealth Accumulation.

bbsam

Staff member
The little ones will no doubt step in and take as much of it as they can if the premiums are high enough. Trouble is and I'm sure you know that the carrot doesn't dangle on the stick for long until it's pulled back.
There is so much disgust and distrust of the company these days that the small ones will hold out as well. Call it silent shadenfreude.

bbsam

Staff member
How high does that number get before employee model looks better? At least a employee model gets them the control back they love.
I donā€™t think it ever does. The costs of such a model (vehicles, employee wages/benefits) and the control the would have would suddenly be ā€œon the booksā€. Stockholders would be mortified.

It will be fine

It would be far cheaper to just make contractors profitable again. That would be easy to do. They are choosing not to.

65B9223F-76B6-410A-A832-4CE527A77178.gif

yadig

I donā€™t think it ever does. The costs of such a model (vehicles, employee wages/benefits) and the control the would have would suddenly be ā€œon the booksā€. Stockholders would be mortified.
How does ups do it? Iā€™d say Productivity!!

Gone fishin

Fedxeā€™s only option to succeed in the future is merge and have everyone employees. The climate has changed. It will be painful at first, but well worth it after complete. No other way

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fedxeā€™s only option to succeed in the future is merge and have everyone employees. The climate has changed. It will be painful at first, but well worth it after complete. No other way
Would likely require a billion or more dollars upfront, plus millions more in recurring expenses annually, and it would take forever and a day to recoup the upfront costs. It would then take another forever and two days before you might gain any meaningful financial benefit from the merger.