Fedex driver runs over pedestrian

bacha29

What the hell was he doing out at 10:00 at night ?
My guess was that he was either out there trying to finish his overloaded route or was taking the truck home and bring it back Sunday/Monday or was taking it someplace for after hours repair/maintenance. If he was out of hours when this happened that contractor is in real trouble. if fact if he was the insurer many decide to deny the insurance claim and get away with it.

My guess was that he was either out there trying to finish his overloaded route or was taking the truck home and bring it back Sunday/Monday or was taking it someplace for after hours repair/maintenance. If he was out of hours when this happened that contractor is in real trouble. if fact if he was the insurer many decide to deny the insurance claim and get away with it.
Let's hope that's not the case

Thebrownblob

As if killing, someone isn’t enough real trouble? This is a life changing and life ending event.

bacha29

As if killing, someone isn’t enough real trouble? This is a life changing and life ending event.
Being that you were a paid by the hour cardboard slinger you wouldn't have a clue about the liability, potential damage awards, potential criminal prosecution and potential loss of contract an FDX contractor could face in regard to this matter. So simply stay in your sheltered little brown world and leave the issues surrounding this event unfold on their own.

Thebrownblob

Being that you were a paid by the hour cardboard slinger you wouldn't have a clue about the liability, potential damage awards, potential criminal prosecution and potential loss of contract an FDX contractor could face in regard to this matter. So simply stay in your sheltered little brown world and leave the issues surrounding this event unfold on their own.
Being that you’re a narcissistic, bloviating blow hard you would have no idea what I do or don’t know about such incidents. Been involved in several of them, including one just a month ago. The mental toll it takes on the driver is beyond comprehension. Stay in your lane.

Last edited:

bacha29

Now that FedEx has finally put their name on all trucks would they be responsible just asking?
Four years ago an FDX contractor linehaul hauling in New Mexico going 65MPH rear ended a pickup killing a mother her 4year old and severely and permanently disabled her 19 month old child. The damage award 165 million dollars of which FDX was held liable for 65% while the contractor was held liable for 34% the driver 1%. The New Mexico Supreme Court up held the damage award.
Judging by what is known publicly it would appear that the contractor created a couple of shell companies in a effort to create a paper chase in an attempt to hide from the law.....It caught up with him eventually.
Now did FDX subrogate against the contractor's insurer? That I don't know.
Going forward the accident involving the Ground step van that killed 5 will have to be settled.

bacha29

Being that you’re a narcissistic, bloviating blow hard you would have no idea what I do or don’t know about such incidents. Been involved in several of them, including one just a month ago. The mental toll it takes on the driver is beyond comprehension. Stay in your lane.
Oh excuse me. I didn't know that you are now a self appointed clinical psychologist.

Guitarman01

It would still be shocking to me if FedEx started giving those 20k cancer medication pkgs to contracted drivers. They are constantly reminded in the news how serious a mistake that could be. I can already picture the lawsuits.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It would still be shocking to me if FedEx started giving those 20k cancer medication pkgs to contracted drivers. They are constantly reminded in the news how serious a mistake that could be. I can already picture the lawsuits.
It's not like there's that big of a difference between the average Ground and Express guys these days.

Four years ago an FDX contractor linehaul hauling in New Mexico going 65MPH rear ended a pickup killing a mother her 4year old and severely and permanently disabled her 19 month old child. The damage award 165 million dollars of which FDX was held liable for 65% while the contractor was held liable for 34% the driver 1%. The New Mexico Supreme Court up held the damage award.
Judging by what is known publicly it would appear that the contractor created a couple of shell companies in a effort to create a paper chase in an attempt to hide from the law.....It caught up with him eventually.
Now did FDX subrogate against the contractor's insurer? That I don't know.
Going forward the accident involving the Ground step van that killed 5 will have to be settled.
Four years? You mean 2011?

bacha29

Four years? You mean 2011?
Yes, but the appeal to the NM Supreme Court arrived around 2020 and was denied in 2022. Just the other day I saw were there was some type of appeal filed by an operating unit of the insurer AIG in what would appear to be an attempt to lower it's actual payment. Still looking for specifics. Nevertheless, I commend you for your research. More of you guys need to be doing the same rather than to simply launch into a personal attack wrongly believing that it's just as good as doing a little historical research .

Yes, but the appeal to the NM Supreme Court arrived around 2020 and was denied in 2022. Just the other day I saw were there was some type of appeal filed by an operating unit of the insurer AIG in what would appear to be an attempt to lower it's actual payment. Still looking for specifics. Nevertheless, I commend you for your research. More of you guys need to be doing the same rather than to simply launch into a personal attack wrongly believing that it's just as good as doing a little historical research .
You said the accident was four years ago, not the appeal.