Fedex driver runs over pedestrian

bacha29

You said the accident was four years ago, not the appeal.
The 4 year figure was in reference to the appeal. Unlike you I wasn't too lazy to look into the matter. And besides as a UPS cardboard slinger matters such as these are taken care of well in advance of you punching the clock and that is all you have to worry about.
And FDX contractor on the other hand has every cent of the risk liability and variable costs resting on his shoulders. And that is what makes them different than you. Now would you have held up under that kind of pressure? You already know what my answer would be.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The 4 year figure was in reference to the appeal. Unlike you I wasn't too lazy to look into the matter. And besides as a UPS cardboard slinger matters such as these are taken care of well in advance of you punching the clock and that is all you have to worry about.
And FDX contractor on the other hand has every cent of the risk liability and variable costs resting on his shoulders. And that is what makes them different than you. Now would you have held up under that kind of pressure? You already know what my answer would be.
Four years ago an FDX contractor linehaul hauling in New Mexico going 65MPH rear ended a pickup killing a mother her 4year old and severely and permanently disabled her 19 month old child. The damage award 165 million dollars of which FDX was held liable for 65% while the contractor was held liable for 34% the driver 1%. The New Mexico Supreme Court up held the damage award.
Judging by what is known publicly it would appear that the contractor created a couple of shell companies in a effort to create a paper chase in an attempt to hide from the law.....It caught up with him eventually.
Now did FDX subrogate against the contractor's insurer? That I don't know.
Going forward the accident involving the Ground step van that killed 5 will have to be settled.
C'mon, bacha. Double down again! Maybe you can be a body double for Joe Biden!

Four years? You mean 2011?
Nevertheless, I commend you for your research. More of you guys need to be doing the same rather than to simply launch into a personal attack wrongly believing that it's just as good as doing a little historical research

Clearly I wasn't too lazy to look into the matter, youbsaid what you said...dip:censored2:.

bacha29

C'mon, bacha. Double down again! Maybe you can be a body double for Joe Biden!
You people would have never even known that this accident had happened to begin with if not for the fact that unlike you people I wasn't too lazy to go find one of many accidents involving loss of life that serves as an example of the risks and liabilities an FDX contractor faces on a daily basis. Something you people know nothing about.

bacha29

Clearly I wasn't too lazy to look into the matter, youbsaid what you said...dip:censored2:.
But only AFTER I brought it to your attention. Then you go discover a relatively minor reporting area on my part. The entire focus was the size of the judgement and the size and scope of the risks and liabilities an FDX contractor faces on a daily basis. Something you cardboard slingers at UPS know nothing about.
But that's brown carboard slingers for you. Some have some of the biggest egos known to the American public despite the fact that all they do is some of the most menial, unskilled, laborious, knuckle dragging labor known to the US economy. The only difference is that they were lucky enough to have a labor union in place decades before they arrived that created a closed shop that enabled it to create a wage structure more than double that of the open free market economy.

Thebrownblob

But only AFTER I brought it to your attention. Then you go discover a relatively minor reporting area on my part. The entire focus was the size of the judgement and the size and scope of the risks and liabilities an FDX contractor faces on a daily basis. Something you cardboard slingers at UPS know nothing about.
But that's brown carboard slingers for you. Some have some of the biggest egos known to the American public despite the fact that all they do is some of the most menial, unskilled, laborious, knuckle dragging labor known to the US economy. The only difference is that they were lucky enough to have a labor union in place decades before they arrived that created a closed shop that enabled it to create a wage structure more than double that of the open free market economy.
We all stand in awe of your googling skills! 😜

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But only AFTER I brought it to your attention. Then you go discover a relatively minor reporting area on my part.
Multiple posts denying you were wrong, lashing out petulantly with personal attacks.

Then when you almost admit it, you spell the word error incorrectly.

You are literally incapable of admitting when you're wrong.

Or maybe I just saw a good job opening and applied. I left a job making as much as I do here because I'd rather the menial physical labor with incredible benefits. You think this was my only option and I was somehow born on third base. I hit a double and then stole third, earned my way to where I am in life. You'd be surprised how many of us are educated, you condescending dick.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh excuse me. I didn't know that you are now a self appointed clinical psychologist.
Now you know…

1718326005286.gif

fatboy33

Now that FedEx has finally put their name on all trucks would they be responsible just asking?
I used to deliver to a well known celebrity. His company name was his actual name. He said he made a decision not to brand any of his business vehicles for fear of someone looking to profit from a fraudulent act. It probably will happen, fedex will be liable to a degree for the actions of any vehicle with the livery brand of fedex

bacha29

Or maybe I just saw a good job opening and applied. I left a job making as much as I do here because I'd rather the menial physical labor with incredible benefits. You think this was my only option and I was somehow born on third base. I hit a double and then stole third, earned my way to where I am in life. You'd be surprised how many of us are educated, you condescending dick.
Lol. These comments serve to reaffirm what I said regarding brown shirts, their big egos and how easily they're bruised. I freely admit that it is my fault for failing to truly appreciate all the complexities involved when it comes to picking up and carrying a cardboard box.

yadig

Lol. These comments serve to reaffirm what I said regarding brown shirts, their big egos and how easily they're bruised. I freely admit that it is my fault for failing to truly appreciate all the complexities involved when it comes to picking up and carrying a cardboard box.
You’re starting to sound like dano

Thebrownblob

Settle down, we still appreciate that what you did was hard work.

Good to see you reacted without actually reading. You're an idiot.