Fired for unreported accident.

Purple2Brown

How long have you worked for Ups, and what's your accident history like? These things factor in to a decision...

My guess is you will be back to work with no back pay.

I've been with UPS for a year, a few months over a year if you count the seasonal employment. I hope you're right, and they give me another chance. I've lived on the street before and it's not something I want to do again. I just got a letter of termination in the mail today.

dudebro

Because when you're gone, they'll just put the next butt in the seat. And probably save money doing it. They've got no reason to care about drivers over their corporate interests.

What "corporate interest"? As a manager, your accident is also my accident. I'm looking for EVERY reason you didn't do it.

bbsam

Staff member
I've been with UPS for a year, a few months over a year if you count the seasonal employment. I hope you're right, and they give me another chance. I've lived on the street before and it's not something I want to do again. I just got a letter of termination in the mail today.
You came from Fedex?

That explains it.

Just messin’ with you. Hoping the pest for you.

twoweeled

I had backed into a building during a pickup and caused barely noticeable damage, the store owner told me not to worry about it and a month later they are reporting it. I was fired, is there any chance at all for me to get my job back?
Probably not. Have you already checked out! Last check, empty the locker out, grievance, arbitration and what not?
This is why we should report EVERYTHING, regardless how small. That is so common for people to tell us, don't worry about it. Then they speak to someone and thing they're going to get paid, and call in. Sorry to hear it, but that story just isn't uncommon.

F

Frankie's Friend

Manager: So with all the training you have you had, you "had" to back all the way the too the building....WHY, how many packages, do you always back to the building blah, blah, blah...that is why we do not want you backing, even with 4 mirrors and a camera you cannot back properly. Then you didn't report it...oh ya you are getting some time on the street, maybe permanently, depending how :censored2: off the manager is.
If you get "Hooked on Phonics" your bosses wont be so embarrassed they promoted your sorry :censored2:. M o r o n.

Purple2Brown

Probably not. Have you already checked out! Last check, empty the locker out, grievance, arbitration and what not?
This is why we should report EVERYTHING, regardless how small. That is so common for people to tell us, don't worry about it. Then they speak to someone and thing they're going to get paid, and call in. Sorry to hear it, but that story just isn't uncommon.

Nope, haven't even had the panel or whatever it's called for the grievance I filed yet. I do still have a pair of shoes in my locker, and I still have my UPS ID. One thing I was told is that because my center is supposedly very short on drivers, that may help me.

Retiree

That doesn't hold up either. If OSHA sees a bunch of avoidable accidents above the industry standard, they won't remain at bay.
OSHA has no say in accident trends or avoidability, that would be DOT. OSHA is involved with injuries in the workplace.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Whats the matter, feelings got hurt again today.
That was from 3/31/18 not today boy. You can't hurt my feelings. I feel sorry for you not the other way around puppet.
He lives the same day, over, and over....yet thinks that he is special???
4LBJSTJNEAZFBHRFHJC777P7JQ.jpg

twoweeled

Nope, haven't even had the panel or whatever it's called for the grievance I filed yet. I do still have a pair of shoes in my locker, and I still have my UPS ID. One thing I was told is that because my center is supposedly very short on drivers, that may help me.
Sorry, I've been away. Having your UPS ID is a surprise to me. Doesn't sound like you're gone yet. Keep as humble and quiet as you can. Say as little as you can when they get you in the office. SHORT answers. Maybe they'd like a reason to keep you. Most times they grill you for more information to hang you with. Often, they keep you away from a paycheck for a month or months, then offer your the job back without backpay.
What else has happened? I left on vacation.