FMLA call in

derrickmd30

Getting approved for FMLA to take care of a sick family member. Do I call in sick when I have to take a day or tell them I'm taking a FMLA day?

OhShoot

Middle fingers up!!
Getting approved for FMLA to take care of a sick family member. Do I call in sick when I have to take a day or tell them I'm taking a FMLA day?
If approved for fmla you call the building and report out fmla for that day prior to your start time. You will then need to call the Hartford or log in on your portal with the Hartford and report it.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Need to give ups 24 hours notice
You DO NOT need to give 24 hrs notice.

@derrickmd30 call in the morning in the normal call out procedure.

When you take an fmla day, I assume intermittent, you have to file for the day with fmla/the hartford. It takes all of 30 secs. This will auto Generate an email that is sent to ups and your sup team. You have 48hrs to file for an fmla when you take it off. I have an open intermittent fmla at the moment, and can easily answer any questions.

badpal

Most of our drivers under 30 have intermittent FMLA.
Yes i notice it, but aint got no idea what its all about. What is Hartford? The insurance company? Hope these kids aint getting paid for time off cause thier cat is sick.

HubSnakeWrangler

If your fmla is approved through The Hartford, UPS' leave management coordinator, just call whatever number you use to call in sick to say you're using fmla. Make sure you also report it to The Hartford through website or automated phone line. I believe they can discipline you if management never gets the Hartford notice of your fmla use. Usually your ft'er gets all letters/communication regarding aprroval/denials.