FMLA call in

derrickmd30

With my FMLA I have a bigger problem with management not answering questions then anything. Because I asked by the way appointments are set up if I could come in late or leave early and no answer so which would force me to just take the full day. Plus no answer on if I fall below the requirement for hours of medical insurance will I lose coverage being out. Management probably thinks I'm lying but they know if they make a comment I'm sure hr and corporate will have the actual doctor paperwork and if a complaint is filed mess will hit the fan for them.

10:30 resi

With my FMLA I have a bigger problem with management not answering questions then anything. Because I asked by the way appointments are set up if I could come in late or leave early and no answer so which would force me to just take the full day. Plus no answer on if I fall below the requirement for hours of medical insurance will I lose coverage being out. Management probably thinks I'm lying but they know if they make a comment I'm sure hr and corporate will have the actual doctor paperwork and if a complaint is filed mess will hit the fan for them.
Don't rely on management to answer any questions you have. Ask a steward. Or business agent. Or read a book. I recommend The FMLA Handbook by Robert Schwartz. Knowledge is power.

HubSnakeWrangler

You do not have to consult with any management at ups to use approved fmla leave other than the call in to say youre using fmla. I'm in CA and the hartford uses 8hrs of fmla time per occurance. One hour or 10, it takes 8hrs from your approved leave. You can work that day with no expectation of discipline plus get paid for hours worked. In west we need just one report a week for insurance. Not sure how an fmla day would affect areas that require set amount of hours. Good luck with your family member.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
You don’t owe them anything or any explanation whatsoever. If you have intermittent FMLA you can use it all the way up to an hour before start time.

Did you even read what I wrote? Lol Couldn’t agree more thats why i included in my comment about notifying an hour before start time is acceptable. im just saying what ive done in the past and a bit of a preface on what a coworker has done. Not suggesting to explain why an fmla day is needed.

Philipjfry

Can someone explain to me about how one would go about getting this intermittent FLMA? And you’re telling me I get paid for these days too? Why is every driver not getting this paperwork filled out?
My current mgmt treats us like actually scum. Why not try and friend’ them from every way possible.

Can someone explain to me about how one would go about getting this intermittent FLMA? And you’re telling me I get paid for these days too? Why is every driver not getting this paperwork filled out?
My current mgmt treats us like actually scum. Why not try and friend’ them from every way possible.
You get paid for those days because they take your paid vacation or personal time away from you when you use those days

Back From Break
Not sure how an fmla day would affect areas that require set amount of hours. Good luck with your family member.

Plus no answer on if I fall below the requirement for hours of medical insurance will I lose coverage being out.

Doesn't anyone read the contract anymore?

NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

ARTICLE 16. LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Section 6. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

The employee’s seniority rights shall continue as if the employee had not taken leave under this section, and the Employer will maintain health insurance coverage during the period of the leave.

Back From Break
And you’re telling me I get paid for these days too? Why is every driver not getting this paperwork filled out?

You only get paid because they pay you using your accrued paid leave, vacations, option days, etc. Once you have used up all these days, you no longer get paid for any FMLA days taken. You do get to keep up to 2 weeks that they cannot force you to take under FMLA.

The Employer may require the employee to substitute accrued paid vacation or other paid leave for part of the 12/6 week leave period.

Employees shall be allowed to retain up to two (2) weeks of accrued paid vacation that will not be substituted for part of the 12/6 week leave period.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day

You only get paid because they pay you using your accrued paid leave, vacations, option days, etc. Once you have used up all these days, you no longer get paid for any FMLA days taken. You do get to keep up to 2 weeks that they cannot force you to take under FMLA.

The Employer may require the employee to substitute accrued paid vacation or other paid leave for part of the 12/6 week leave period.

Employees shall be allowed to retain up to two (2) weeks of accrued paid vacation that will not be substituted for part of the 12/6 week leave period.
There are states that are beginning to offer paid FMLA. Has nothing to do with UPS. Colorado being one of them. Look up Colorado FAMLI