FMLA call in

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Getting approved for FMLA to take care of a sick family member. Do I call in sick when I have to take a day or tell them I'm taking a FMLA day?
I would say depending on what it is might constitute as to what kind of notice in advance to give them. Id notify them for appointments weeks in advanced or at least an hour before start time if I couldn’t work. A coworker of mine has a disabled kid and hed talk to the sups at the building that morning about going home if something came up, and theyd let him leave. Just communicate with your sup and stay within what youve been approved for.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I would say depending on what it is might constitute as to what kind of notice in advance to give them. Id notify them for appointments weeks in advanced or at least an hour before start time if I couldn’t work. A coworker of mine has a disabled kid and hed talk to the sups at the building that morning about going home if something came up, and theyd let him leave. Just communicate with your sup and stay within what youve been approved for.
You don’t owe them anything or any explanation whatsoever. If you have intermittent FMLA you can use it all the way up to an hour before start time.

HubSnakeWrangler

You automatically get 15 day "pre approval" when you call The Hartford to initiate the leave so any medical documentation can be submitted. If you get denied and still try to use fmla then it's a progressive discipline or outright dishonesty case if used beyond the 15days. Also, intermittent fmla is approved using Dr recommendations for any needed time away per occurance. I had fmla approved for medical issue requiring up to 3x occurrences per month. Up to 3days per occurrance. If you exceed approved time it can lead to discipline and eventually termination.
Eta: your management gets all communication regarding the fmla request minus any medical information. That's how they know if you're falsifying fmla call ins.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
I guess in an example of fmla for stress, going to the beach would be stress relieving. I’m being sincere and didn’t think of that.
Nah I feel you. I'm just saying once you call out, whether it's a sick day or FMLA, what you do with that time is your own business and retaliation free. You don't have to actually be in the house all day.

Management has a problem? Harassment grievance.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
And yet it still happens. We had a delivery driver terminated for falsifying an FMLA leave. Not sure if he came back or not.
Falsifyed how? Like forged paperwork to get approved? Then yeah maybe. But otherwise foh. If They approved it you can use it how you please.