Former FedEx Ground driver turned UPS driver / ASK me anything

AB831

As we discussed before with Ground you've got 3 guys on every truck .One, coming, one driving and one leaving. So the question still remains. Will Ground in it's current form be able to match the performance of the country's most dependable and efficient parcel delivery company over the course of what will become an ever more challenging environment?

I believe that the answer will reveal itself within the next couple of years.

In the meantime Double Parked you did good for yourself by getting yourself to a better place.
It's revealed itself already, and the answer is no.

vantexan

It's revealed itself already, and the answer is no.
How long has Ground been around vs UPS? And yet it has made inroads into UPS business. How can you tell? UPS has new drivers that make considerably less than their traditional drivers. Starting to see some pressure on their benefits. If Ground can get freight delivered safely and on time at a lower cost they'll continue to make inroads. Will they not be able to find people to work for them? With all the people out of work now my guess is yes. We may not like what Ground represents but let's be honest. It's not going out of business anytime soon. And there will come a point where the Teamsters are going to have to make some serious concessions or go on strike. Who does a strike benefit? Ground more than anyone else. You can't point out all the companies that have folded due to new competition from a leaner, meaner business model and say UPS is totally immune to cheaper alternatives.

AB831

How long has Ground been around vs UPS? And yet it has made inroads into UPS business. How can you tell? UPS has new drivers that make considerably less than their traditional drivers. Starting to see some pressure on their benefits. If Ground can get freight delivered safely and on time at a lower cost they'll continue to make inroads. Will they not be able to find people to work for them? With all the people out of work now my guess is yes. We may not like what Ground represents but let's be honest. It's not going out of business anytime soon. And there will come a point where the Teamsters are going to have to make some serious concessions or go on strike. Who does a strike benefit? Ground more than anyone else. You can't point out all the companies that have folded due to new competition from a leaner, meaner business model and say UPS is totally immune to cheaper alternatives.
Very good point.

floridays

I recently read a book written by Kemmons Wilson. He started the Holiday Inn business. He stated that if you worked 8 hr days, you have only worked half a day. If you don't put in long hrs to succeed, your competition will and they will leave you in their mirror. Look at Elan Musk. The man runs multiple empires and is hands on with every one of them.
How can I get in touch with this Kemmons Wilson guy?
I'd like to ask him a few stupid questions @59 Dano :drool::rolleyes:

bacha29

It's all making sense now!
Why go through all of this? Where I come from we don't marry spouses.......we just lease them.
By the the time they get 50-60,000 miles on them you've pretty much got everything that's on them . Not to mention the fact that it has all the benefits of marriage without all those messy commitments........And let's face it. What's the one thing guys hate worse than anything else in the world?........Commitment.

falcon back

1595192286387.png

Why go through all of this? Where I come from we don't marry spouses.......we just lease them.
By the the time they get 50-60,000 miles on them you've pretty much got everything that's on them . Not to mention the fact that it has all the benefits of marriage without all those messy commitments........And let's face it. What's the one thing guys hate worse than anything else in the world?........Commitment.
Is this the last hottie that signed your lease?