from Mem paper

Aquaman

What about jobs for non CDL drivers?
Unfortunately the company doesn’t really have to compete in the courier world. What options do Express couriers have? The big rival is UPS. And FedEx knows those driver jobs aren’t a threat because they’re so coveted that there’s a waiting list of UPS handlers waiting to take those jobs. FedEx knows their drivers can’t just jump to UPS. They’d have to go be handlers for years and wait. So there really isn’t a lot of other options. CDL drivers have many options. Just wish the company made it a desirable place to work.

Working4the1%

1623035428210.png

Sad part is that is word for word what Mark Levin said on his show this week..just take words and add Cartoon

floridays

Buying TNT was a good move. Trying to fully integrate it was a mistake. This company doesn’t know how to leave well enough alone. Response being a prime example.
Three points why it was
TNT was/is a ground operation. No air routes, I stand to be corrected.
Why does the express division shoulder the burden?

floridays

Unfortunately the company doesn’t really have to compete in the courier world. What options do Express couriers have? The big rival is UPS. And FedEx knows those driver jobs aren’t a threat because they’re so coveted that there’s a waiting list of UPS handlers waiting to take those jobs. FedEx knows their drivers can’t just jump to UPS. They’d have to go be handlers for years and wait. So there really isn’t a lot of other options. CDL drivers have many options. Just wish the company made it a desirable place to work.
You, like the company assumes their employees have no education or alternatives in other fields. Many do, and many other businesses are fighting for employees as we speak. Stay in your truck, keep your blinders on, you'll make it to the finish line.

floridays

View attachment 340094
Sad part is that is word for word what Mark Levin said on his show this week..just take words and add Cartoon
Really, I was always suspect of that Heb, which day? When you find it post it, I want to listen for myself. The guy is a cancer. If you don't respond, I'll try to catch up with you to remind you to enlighten everyone here. All three of us.

Aquaman

You, like the company assumes their employees have no education or alternatives in other fields. Many do, and many other businesses are fighting for employees as we speak. Stay in your truck, keep your blinders on, you'll make it to the finish line.
I work with guys that have college degrees. Problem is their resumes now show 15 years as a package delivery driver. That’s not the experience companies look for. The mass majority of “frontline” workers as FedEx likes to call us, have only a high school diploma. It’s why they want to keep most employees from top rate. Because they genuinely don’t think you deserve it. Not until you’ve given your entire life to the company. Maybe then.

floridays

I work with guys that have college degrees. Problem is their resumes now show 15 years as a package delivery driver. That’s not the experience companies look for. The mass majority of “frontline” workers as FedEx likes to call us, have only a high school diploma. It’s why they want to keep most employees from top rate. Because they genuinely don’t think you deserve it. Not until you’ve given your entire life to the company. Maybe then.
You are preaching to the choir, there are tech jobs in manufacturing and other sectors that require no specific training, only intelligence and they will train. Currently starting pay is as high or higher than some are making after years at express. There is a fight for talent currently. Intelligence and showing up are sought after now. Not sure how long it will last.

falcon back

You are preaching to the choir, there are tech jobs in manufacturing and other sectors that require no specific training, only intelligence and they will train. Currently starting pay is as high or higher than some are making after years at express. There is a fight for talent currently. Intelligence and showing up are sought after now. Not sure how long it will last.
Why don't you apply for those jobs you refer to? You continue to complain about your current job and continue to post about other jobs that pay more , yet you stay where you are. You whiny pussie.

floridays

Why don't you apply for those jobs you refer to? You continue to complain about your current job and continue to post about other jobs that pay more , yet you stay where you are. You whiny pussie.
I don't need one. Once again you assume to much. I'm fine. I don't make entry wages, like Express workers make for their first decade of employment. You got a different deal than those employed in the past 35 years.

falcon back

I don't need one. Once again you assume to much. I'm fine. I don't make entry wages, like Express workers make for their first decade of employment. You got a different deal than those employed in the past 35 years.
You say you don't need a job yet you whine about the job you have. Just proves my point. Being a whiny beech gives you a reason to wake up. You would rather be miserable at FedEx than to be happy at another job.

floridays

You say you don't need a job yet you whine about the job you have. Just proves my point. Being a whiny beech gives you a reason to wake up. You would rather be miserable at FedEx than to be happy at another job.
I've never whined about my job, I do or have defended those I think have been damaged however.

MassWineGuy

There are quite a few exceptions to this where drivers get hired right away. Depends on the need and the quality of handlers, I guess.

Aquaman

There are quite a few exceptions to this where drivers get hired right away. Depends on the need and the quality of handlers, I guess.
It’s VERY rare. I have never, not once, seen UPS in my area hire a permanent driver off the street. Lots of temporary seasonal jobs. Never a permanent position. There are always handlers that want that job. We currently have 6 full time RTD positions in workday and nobody wants them lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s VERY rare. I have never, not once, seen UPS in my area hire a permanent driver off the street. Lots of temporary seasonal jobs. Never a permanent position. There are always handlers that want that job. We currently have 6 full time RTD positions in workday and nobody wants them lol.
Look at the UPS threads on this site. There are plenty drivers talking about how short handed their buildings are because package handlers don’t want to take driving jobs. They hire plenty off the street. It’s not that rare anymore. Some areas are even hiring feeder/RTD drivers off the street.