Global warming

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So my question to you about your Phoenix comparison is "close enough" to "saying" 115 is cool.

In reality simce the highest recorded temperature in Iran was 159 degrees 115 does seem like a cool day.

The "maroon Index" is the temperature, plus your Tea Con IQ. For example, if it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit, the MI in your case would be 120 (80 +40=120 MI).

You are welcome. Subtract 10 points for Biblical references and another 10 if you're a "denier" and hate science, except that which originates from the Kochs and their institute. You know which one.

av8torntn

The "maroon Index" is the temperature, plus your Tea Con IQ. For example, if it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit, the MI in your case would be 120 (80 +40=120 MI).

You are welcome. Subtract 10 points for Biblical references and another 10 if you're a "denier" and hate science, except that which originates from the Kochs and their institute. You know which one.

Yes we already established that you have no idea why they chose to use heat index instead of temperature.

av8torntn

Is that not a land skin temperature reading?
Odd that you would disregard heat index temperatures, then bring up another different kind of measurement as an argument.

Who disregarded heat index? I asked why did they use heat index instead of temperature and you had no clue. That wasn't surprising though. Again why did they use heat index instead of temperature and what does Phoenix have to do with anything in that article?

To answer your question temperatures of the earths surfaces are often measured in remote places from orbit. It's not possible to have a human on every square foot of the earths surface to measure the temperature three feet above the ground.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who disregarded heat index? I asked why did they use heat index instead of temperature and you had no clue. That wasn't surprising though.
Do you have a special version of BC where it doesn't say the username beside comments?
Honestly if you can't even keep track of who you're talking to I don't expect much from this conversation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So it was solely for dramatic effect and the actual temperature wasn't abnormally hot?

The Heat Index measures the actual effect of a temperature. Why is it so hard for you to understand that a 110 degree day can actually be the equivalent of a 125 degree day on the human body? That's just an example.

Like when it's 40 in the winter and it feels like 25 due to wind chill. Your body behaves as if it is 25.

Sportello

So my question to you about your Phoenix comparison is "close enough" to "saying" 115 is cool.

In reality simce the highest recorded temperature in Iran was 159 degrees 115 does seem like a cool day.
What are you talking about? The day that the heat index reached 165* in Iran, the air temperature was 115*.

The 159* temperature you are referencing is not an official temperature. It is a satellite measured ground temperature, not air temperature.

av8torntn

What are you talking about? The day that the heat index reached 165* in Iran, the air temperature was 115*.

The 159* temperature you are referencing is not an official temperature. It is a satellite measured ground temperature, not air temperature.

So the temperature was actually 115 and the reason the article used heat index was for dramatic effect?

Since heat index isn't an "official" temperature.

Last edited:

av8torntn

The Heat Index measures the actual effect of a temperature. Why is it so hard for you to understand that a 110 degree day can actually be the equivalent of a 125 degree day on the human body? That's just an example.

Like when it's 40 in the winter and it feels like 25 due to wind chill. Your body behaves as if it is 25.

So why did they use heat index instead of temperature in a global warming thread? Why is it so difficult for you to understand the question? I disnt ask for a definition of heat index.

av8torntn

Do you have a special version of BC where it doesn't say the username beside comments?
Honestly if you can't even keep track of who you're talking to I don't expect much from this conversation.

I asked why they used heat index instead of temperature? You must have some special version of bc where it didn't say that.