Ground Scam Exposed

bacha29

All that can be done in the near term is to wait and see if there will be strong enough arguments and enough of them to push the NLBR into taking action on the matter. If there is in fact new more stringent interpretation and definitions of what an "independent contractor" actually is, the news will be a dream come true for labor and class action attorneys .
As I said at the beginning it's now a wait and see game but it does appear that the window might be starting to close on FXG contractors opportunity to sell under favorable terms and much more quickly at that.

Once again the heart of the matter is clearly taxes and the difficulty collecting them from people who would otherwise be subject to employer withholding.

zeev

These contractors could be in big trouble FedEx would be forced to make the worker ants employees and the contractors would be bankrupt immediately.

bacha29

The contractor’s are “owners” they’ll be fine.
They would have no contract therefore would no longer own anything. In fact they never actually did own anything outside of goodwill and proprietary rights extended by FXG and could be cancelled and withdrawn for any old reason they had to offer including no reason whatsoever.

yadig

They would have no contract therefore would no longer own anything. In fact they never actually did own anything outside of goodwill and proprietary rights extended by FXG and could be cancelled and withdrawn for any old reason they had to offer including no reason whatsoever.
I was being sarcastic. I think something big is coming down the pike. They are gonna hv to merge the two, I’m just not sure what that looks like.

bacha29

I was being sarcastic. I think something big is coming down the pike. They are gonna hv to merge the two, I’m just not sure what that looks like.
The lawsuits had settled down quite a bit recently. Therefore if there is a NLRB amendment it could result in a new round of lawsuits.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Didja read the article???
"The dissenters assert there is no need to revisit the SuperShuttle standard set in 2019, given no party in the present case asked the Board to overrule, modify, or revisit the precedent, nor has anything occurred warranting a re-examination of the decision."

They're (Congress) setting up a new round of shakedowns and required handouts. Coffers are running low.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How they've gotten away with it this long is beyond me.
The court or the labor board issues a ruling. FedEx says, "We're going to do it this way now as a result of the ruling" and everyone does it that way as a result of a ruling.

bacha29

Didja read the article???
"The dissenters assert there is no need to revisit the SuperShuttle standard set in 2019, given no party in the present case asked the Board to overrule, modify, or revisit the precedent, nor has anything occurred warranting a re-examination of the decision."

They're (Congress) setting up a new round of shakedowns and required handouts. Coffers are running low.
Current contractors need to pay close attention to these new unfolding developments. Might be a good time to give serious thought to selling their contract while there's still a contract to sell.

59 Dano

Current contractors need to pay close attention to these new unfolding developments. Might be a good time to give serious thought to selling their contract while there's still a contract to sell.
I bet they figured that out on their own without your help.

59 Dano

Given your insecurities and fragile ego it doesn't take very much to hurt your feelings.
It's like that dad in the viral video where he's telling someone that he "backtraced" their post and reported them to the cyber police under the belief that he's just owning the friend* out of the people on the other side, though they just laugh at him.

Working4the1%

Tick tock ground….
A1459638-E153-4BF6-B394-6EE63A9A0F88.png

bacha29

Throughout the years one there was one constant about FXG....trying to stay one step ahead of the law by redesigning and amending their so called "independent contractor model" .The multi route format was born out of court rulings. Contractors in the first couple of states had a very short window if I remember correctly only 30 days to find additional routes.