Has the IBT ever pushed harder for a yes vote?

Exactly what did they "give" or we "get" for the 22.4 language?

We got FT service over PT workers on weekends. They proposed PT drivers for weekend work, this "flexible" position was the compromise. I don't agree with it, but that's what I was told by my NNC rep.

But the fact remains, the company agreed to a $15B(ish) contract, that's what they'll stay with. To address all of this crap, something else will have to give.

Time for change

We got FT service over PT workers on weekends. They proposed PT drivers for weekend work, this "flexible" position was the compromise. I don't agree with it, but that's what I was told by my NNC rep.

But the fact remains, the company agreed to a $15B(ish) contract, that's what they'll stay with. To address all of this crap, something else will have to give.
People throw out 15 billion, that’s a made up company number. I don’t see anything in there that is worth the 22.4 concession, what exactly did the company give back for it? Starting rate lol? The company needs the higher starting rate. And that’s for mostly people not even in the union yet and for mostly non voters.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

So they get what they want and at a reduced rate of pay. If they used PT drivers they would have to pay top rate of pay to them. I guess my main question is why 14 billion ? They are willingly paying that much during the life of the contract in dividends to shareholders. Both sides shouldn't be happy with a contract. UPS loves this one

over9five

Staff member
Disagree. They might WANT a $15B contract, doesn't mean they'll get one.
And I also disagree with anyone who says we have to concede anything to get something else.
Go back to the table, do your job!

WTFm8

6B0FC732-112E-4924-82C0-6AE0BD111479.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So they get what they want and at a reduced rate of pay. If they used PT drivers they would have to pay top rate of pay to them. I guess my main question is why 14 billion ? They are willingly paying that much during the life of the contract in dividends to shareholders. Both sides shouldn't be happy with a contract. UPS loves this one
That's saying dividends don't go up. At the current rate they'll be $1.25 per share or more is my guess by contracts end.

Check out where they were 10-15 years ago and how much they've increased.

Indecisi0n

What I am trying to say is that this term "RCPD" is a fictional job classification that presently holds no contractual onus.
My observation and confusion stems from the overwhelming acceptance of this acronym, in the face of so much negativity to it's reciprocal, fictional job classification 22.4 hybrid driver.

This is why I am making a point to intentionally botch this acronym "RDPC", in hopes of counteracting some of the hypnosis that seems to be taking place.
I like the use of the word "onus".

Time for change

They are paying for ads to push the yes vote on social media using your dues. Hope you’re all okay with that. Meanwhile Tyler is destroying them using no money at all. If this contract is voted down, the single greatest hero is Tyler. Check out Tyler on YouTube if you haven’t already.