Helene aftermath

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw a video earlier of the flood waters, and damn, didnt a coffin go by.
z-fun-54.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Wow. Every child needs a father like this. Bless him.

newfie

Anyone on here have stories to share from the remnants of Helene? Western NC area got annihilated with storm damage. Asheville area broke records for river flooding. The town of Chimney Rock is pretty much gone. Erwin, TN is a mess. After living in the area almost my entire life in this area I've never seen this amount of destruction. The picture below is one of the major highways heading south from Asheville. CrazyView attachment 496788
we have all gotten used to shorelines getting hammered by a storm. to see a hurricane do so much damage inland is a real shocker. Ashville is basically in the mountains.

vantexan

we have all gotten used to shorelines getting hammered by a storm. to see a hurricane do so much damage inland is a real shocker. Ashville is basically in the mountains.
Will be interesting to see how the Biden administration is responding to this. Trump just made arrangements with Elon Musk to get Starlink into areas with no communications.

tourists24

Will be interesting to see how the Biden administration is responding to this. Trump just made arrangements with Elon Musk to get Starlink into areas with no communications.
the response so far has been as good as can be expected. Starlink really is incredible to have around. There are some stations being set up with Starlink around the area to help with communications.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One thing you won’t see in Western NC is much of , if any, is looting. If you do it’ll probably be in Ashville. Mountain rural people have lots of guns and will protect what’s theirs. No law enforcement necessary at times like these.

Johney

Pineapple King
One thing you won’t see in Western NC is much of , if any, is looting. If you do it’ll probably be in Ashville. Mountain rural people have lots of guns and will protect what’s theirs. No law enforcement necessary at times like these.
Is there really anything left to loot that isn't buried in mud?