Here Comes the Electric Fail

wilberforce15

You lose me everytime you resort to this kind of stuff.

I don't like cars. I buy for economy. Gas is the winner. That's all there is to it.

New cars are stupid for everyone, gas included, if you care about economy. So, it's kind of irrelevant for you. I'm not trying to get you to buy one. I'm trying to get people to realize they will dominate the market, and it's only a question of time frame.

Tesla's 25k new sedan that will come in the next few years will be the final dagger. it will officially achieve lower than average new car price, and better than average new car specs at the same time.

The used car market won't have quality electrics for many years to come. It takes decades to change one of the largest industries in the world. But it is absolutely inevitable, purely on a competitive basis. Gas simply cannot compete in the long haul.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
New cars are stupid for everyone, gas included, if you care about economy. So, it's kind of irrelevant for you. I'm not trying to get you to buy one. I'm trying to get people to realize they will dominate the market, and it's only a question of time frame.

Tesla's 25k new sedan that will come in the next few years will be the final dagger. it will officially achieve lower than average new car price, and better than average new car specs at the same time.

The used car market won't have quality electrics for many years to come. It takes decades to change one of the largest industries in the world. But it is absolutely inevitable, purely on a competitive basis. Gas simply cannot compete in the long haul.
You can get a brand new gas car for like 15k that gets great mileage.

Electric won't beat that in the next few decades.

wilberforce15

You lose me everytime you resort to this kind of stuff.

I don't like cars. I buy for economy. Gas is the winner. That's all there is to it.
Performance does actually matter for real reasons for a lot of people.

The cybertruck can pull any fifth wheel RV up any slope in the Rockies without losing a single mile per hour of speed or struggling. That really matters to a lot of people. Torque and horsepower aren't just for fun.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The cybertruck can pull any fifth wheel RV up any slope in the Rockies without losing a single mile per hour of speed or struggling. That really matters to a lot of people. Torque and horsepower aren't just for fun.
Ya I know a lot of people who pull boats and RVs.

There is an americana freedom aspect to the kind of people who buy them. Loading up and hitting the open road.

Electric charging is the last thing they want to have to worry about when they buy those toys.

wilberforce15

Oh no no no! The battery will outlast the car by decades!
Yes, even on fast charging, it will outlast the car by decades.

DiDo's information is as outdated as yours. Fast-charging does slightly more damage than slow charging. But most people can slow charge almost any time they want.

And it's still a million mile battery even if all you use is fast chargers.

You guys are years and years behind.

vantexan

It can pull any 5th wheel that it's rated to tow. That's more than engine power. They'll need to build them ladder on frame and heavy duty enough to not come apart when towing.

wilberforce15

If EV's weren't so associated with crazy liberal hippies, communists, tyrant-wannabes, and AOC-types, you'd all be eager to embrace the obviously superior new technology.

I understand. Almost everybody who likes EV's is a bad person.

And yet they're completely and totally superior at almost everything for almost everyone, or they will be in a very short time period. No government favoritism necessary.

vantexan

Yes, even on fast charging, it will outlast the car by decades.

DiDo's information is as outdated as yours. Fast-charging does slightly more damage than slow charging. But most people can slow charge almost any time they want.

And it's still a million mile battery even if all you use is fast chargers.

You guys are years and years behind.
Tell that to all the articles currently discussing the issues that need to be overcome. If they can do it, great. But it's not settled yet.

wilberforce15

It can pull any 5th wheel that it's rated to tow. That's more than engine power. They'll need to build them ladder on frame and heavy duty enough to not come apart when towing.
It's very conservatively rated at 14,000 lbs, with a 3500lb payload in the rear too.

Google is literally just one click away. It can tow whatever it wants straight up a Rocky Mountain hill without slowing down.

The Tesla semi can pull 80k pounds up any highway incline in the country without losing speed.