How is this hybrid driver any different than the current TCD "utility driver"?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You cant fix his ignorance.
8 hrs of FSP work is split up into two combos.

I honestly think they will find a way to get that 8 hrs of FSP work done by 1 combo, not 2! 30 mins preload+ 8 hours on road equals an 8.5 hr day. Just replaced a top rate FSP with someone who will never, ever be paid as much!

My BA told me that the FSP will be "red circled.” they need to maintain that number. Meaning when someone retires or is fired, a hybrid can move into it.
But that's this contract. What about next when they ask us to take this severance pkg or drop to hybrid rates?

How many times has UPS told the Teamsters to stop telling them how to run their business? We see full time routes come and go constantly. Just look at what they did 6 months ago with the Saturday Service!! Your BA saying something that is not spelled out to the letter in the contract proposal is criminal IMO! And when have you ever heard of an hourly being offered a severance pkg?!?!

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes and if they do an inside shift for half and drive for half it would take 2 to cover 1 regular drivers shift, how many regular drivers work only 8 hours?
Guaranteed 8 m o r o n. Theyll be reduced to 8 if this scheme gets voted in.

Benben

Meaning the ft position is "protected". It will not go away during this contract. If it is vacated, it will be open for bid. Highest seniority gets it.

BA said there would be 3 senority lists.
FT>hybrid>PT

They can not keep 1 seniority list accurate, what in god's name makes you think they can juggle 3?

dogs.bite.me

Your BA saying something that is not spelled out to the letter in the contract proposal is criminal IMO! And when have you ever heard of an hourly being offered a severance pkg?!?!

Wait....

Have you seen the contract proposal?
If so please share it.

If not, don't tell me what is and isn't spelled out in the proposal, because you don't know either.

It hasn't been done, but I'm saying it could be a possibility. Either that or they make the top rates lives miserable and try to force them out.

Benben

Yes and if they do an inside shift for half and drive for half it would take 2 to cover 1 regular drivers shift

Chester, define 1/2! Is it spelled out 50/50, 60/40? Or do we just mean, "he did a little of this and a little of that?" While we are at it how is anyone to know? We, who are actually doing work, are long gone out on the streets so who's to see right? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Ok
Correct me if I’m wrong...
Before UPS decided to implement part time preloads and part time local sorts the drivers took care of all that.
UPS did not want to pay drivers top wage to perform these duties. They wanted the drivers to have more time to deliver instead of working the sort and then delivering. They did not want to pay the overtime.
I’m confused
Hybrid driver....Driver who will cover preload/local sort or any other part time position and drive delivery for $34.
Sound familiar?

Chester

Ok
Correct me if I’m wrong...
Before UPS decided to implement part time preloads and part time local sorts the drivers took care of all that.
UPS did not want to pay drivers top wage to perform these duties. They wanted the drivers to have more time to deliver instead of working the sort and then delivering. They did not want to pay the overtime.
I’m confused
Hybrid driver....Driver who will cover preload/local sort or any other part time position and drive delivery for $34.
Sound familiar?
That was what 30+ years ago though.

Benben

Wait....

Have you seen the contract proposal?
If so please share it.

If not, don't tell me what is and isn't spelled out in the proposal, because you don't know either.

It hasn't been done, but I'm saying it could be a possibility. Either that or they make the top rates lives miserable and try to force them out.

Not once, Jack, have I claimed to have seen anything but what has been released on UPSrising! I have asked questions throughout BC and and suggested how things can be twisted due to omissions and wording that is not 100% clear! If you have a problem with that you need to grab a mirror and do some soul searching friend! We have been told we'll get details after July 9th about a contract that ends on the 31st! Voting will have to be done within that time frame. So not a lot of time to dissect exactly what is written. So excuse me for being: 1. concerned, this effects my family and 2. a bit pissed at all the cloak and dagger shenanigans they are playing

Or are you as a Teamster representative saying we should just believe you because you are..............you?

If you have a problem with me questioning just about everything that comes out of Chester's mouth as he is obviously in management or is very good at baiting.....GET OVER IT!

Chester

Not once, Jack, have I claimed to have seen anything but what has been released on UPSrising! I have asked questions throughout BC and and suggested how things can be twisted due to omissions and wording that is not 100% clear! If you have a problem with that you need to grab a mirror and do some soul searching friend! We have been told we'll get details after July 9th about a contract that ends on the 31st! Voting will have to be done within that time frame. So not a lot of time to dissect exactly what is written. So excuse me for being: 1. concerned, this effects my family and 2. a bit :censored2: at all the cloak and dagger shenanigans they are playing

Or are you as a Teamster representative saying we should just believe you because you are..............you?

If you have a problem with me questioning just about everything that comes out of Chester's mouth as he is obviously in management or is very good at baiting.....GET OVER IT!
Am I the only one who thinks @Sickofit and @Benben are the same person? I’m willing to bet $$$$ they are.

Benben

dogs.bite.me I am worried that questions and concerns are bothering you!

I took a few and reread a few pages back. I may have been out of line about the seniority list, I had forgotten those are maintained by the union. My bad, I am sorry