I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

40 hours a week times 52 or 50 weeks a year is between 2000 to 2100 hours a year so you work slightly more than full time
I'm guessing in your world people would work 20 hrs a week and get paid like they work 80. And take off for weeks at a time if they felt like it.

rickyb

I'm guessing in your world people would work 20 hrs a week and get paid like they work 80. And take off for weeks at a time if they felt like it.
yea we would get US private debt down from 170% of gdp to 50%, which would lower cost of goods so we could have the leisure economy economists predicted we would have by now

rickyb

steve keen thinks centralized systems to perform better against systemic problems like climate collapse. thinks china society more likely to survive vs the west. thinks small efficient govt works for small efficient challenges but falls apart when its systemic. says theres no money in long term planning in capitalism. says insurance doesnt work against climate collapse, only works for episodic events.

rickyb

steve keen thinks centralized systems to perform better against systemic problems like climate collapse. thinks china society more likely to survive vs the west. thinks small efficient govt works for small efficient challenges but falls apart when its systemic. says theres no money in long term planning in capitalism. says insurance doesnt work against climate collapse, only works for episodic events.

@Box Ox they even talk about how the matrix influenced them 2:24:00 in

they mention star trek at 2:26:00 @vantexan u fool

Box Ox

@Box Ox they even talk about how the matrix influenced them 2:24:00 in

they mention star trek at 2:26:00 @vantexan u fool

It’s shameful that either purposefully or out of ignorance, you and Steve Keen are still trying to use the Matrix films to fulfill your own political ends even after co-director Lilly Wachowski has told the world what the movies are about.

“The Matrix films are about being transgender, the trilogy's co-director says.

"That was the original intention but the world wasn't quite ready," says Lilly Wachowski, who came out as trans along with her sister Lana after the films came out.

Fans have speculated about potential meanings behind the iconic films and Lilly confirmed the theory to Netflix.

"I'm glad that it has gotten out," she said.”

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
It’s shameful that either purposefully or out of ignorance, you and Steve Keen are still trying to use the Matrix films to fulfill your own political ends even after co-director Lilly Wachowski has told the world what the movies are about.

"That was the original intention but the world wasn't quite ready," says Lilly Wachowski, who came out as trans along with her sister Lana after the films came out.

Fans have speculated about potential meanings behind the iconic films and Lilly confirmed the theory to Netflix.

Your battle with @rickyb is classic

rickyb

He’s certainly earned his place as my favorite Canadian BC communist. We might even become buddies IRL if America ends in 10 years like he says it will and we all head north. A positive male role model would probably do him a lot of good.
or if civilization collapses in 15 to 20 ;)

or if america goes fascist / loses its democracy in next 10 years as i said it would

or if we have more superbugs as i said we would.

rickyb

"your a fan of the matrix movies at all?" - steve keen

"look what im wearing, look what im wearing! we are living in a simulation" - boxox dear leader Lex Fridman

rickyb

You'll be glad I'm around in 10 years when civilization is over and you're banging hot chicks, field stripping long guns and hunting your own food.

I thought his Douglas Murray interview was pretty good. :)

one of the problems with climate collapse is it will change hte politics which increases the threat of nuclear war or something similar.

were all going to be miserable. my life will have been cut short. if you think food inflation is bad now, wait till you see what happens then. if youre working 40 hours a week or more, i suggest you stop and enjoy life now bc you will not retire.

douglas murray hasnt made it to ralph nader radio hour, or chris hedges program, or any other show that i recall so i wont be watching this interview. wiki says hes a neo con, far right conspiracy theories, critic of islam. i will watch a segment

Box Ox

one of the problems with climate collapse is it will change hte politics which increases the threat of nuclear war

All about being afraid of nuclear war for ya these days, eh? Could be right if you're talking about the coming fight for control of arctic shipping lanes and oil drilling as the ice becomes less of an issue.

douglas murray hasnt made it to ralph nader radio hour, or chris hedges program, or any other show that i recall

Of course he hasn't. Why would Nader or Hedges want to get clowned by him on air? :)

wiki says hes a neo con, far right conspiracy theories, critic of islam.

Of course it does. Anyone who would vote for Trump is labeled as such these days.