Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Must work so well because of their giant wall.
Canada Lectures U.S. On Closing Border – Then Turns More Mexicans Away Than It Has In Years

But tough border checks, hard-to-find jobs and fine-tuned enforcement policies mean it can be hard to enter and harder to stay. [...] Many Mexicans believe the eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization forms) is all they need to set up in Canada, but in almost all cases they are wrong, immigration lawyers said. The eTA does not even guarantee entry.

Even if they get past the airport, many low-skilled Mexicans hoping to work illegally are likely to be disappointed, lawyers said, noting that it's difficult for those entering on tourist visas to get work permits without an employer's sponsorship.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Exclusive: Almost half of Canadians want illegal border crossers deported - Reuters poll

Nearly half of Canadians want to deport people who are illegally crossing into Canada from the United States, and a similar number disapprove of how Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is handling the influx, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday.

A significant minority, four out of 10 respondents, said the border crossers could make Canada "less safe," underlining the potential political risk for Trudeau's Liberal government.

Illegal migrants interviewed by Reuters in Canada said they had been living legally in the United States and had applied for asylum there. But they had fled to Canada for fear of being caught up in Trump's immigration crackdown.

rickyb

Exclusive: Almost half of Canadians want illegal border crossers deported - Reuters poll

Nearly half of Canadians want to deport people who are illegally crossing into Canada from the United States, and a similar number disapprove of how Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is handling the influx, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday.

A significant minority, four out of 10 respondents, said the border crossers could make Canada "less safe," underlining the potential political risk for Trudeau's Liberal government.

Illegal migrants interviewed by Reuters in Canada said they had been living legally in the United States and had applied for asylum there. But they had fled to Canada for fear of being caught up in Trump's immigration crackdown.
theres no shortage of stupid, irrational canadians either.

hey when did your ancestors immigrate to america?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was told one grandfather was a state senator and the other was a fisherman .
my father was a boxer in college and my ma was a school teacher.
Interesting story about ma , the day she announced her engagement the Head Master told her that due to policy she had to be fired .

rickyb

I was told one grandfather was a state senator and the other was a fisherman .
my father was a boxer in college and my ma was a school teacher.
Interesting story about ma , the day she announced her engagement the Head Master told her that due to policy she had to be fired .
so in other words some of your ancestors immigrated in the last 100 years.

i encourage moreluck and oldngray nowhere special to fess up

oldngray

nowhere special
so in other words some of your ancestors immigrated in the last 100 years.

i encourage moreluck and oldngray nowhere special to fess up

Fess up what? My family has been here for over 200 years (not including the bit of Native American but I'm not a Fauxahontas).

How long has your family been here?