Immigration

vantexan

Since there continues to be new addicts via first time perscribed opiates, I'd say yes.
And yet you've defended their usage on this forum. What seems to matter most to some here is a readily available access to a cheap high. And they don't want the government getting in their way. And don't want a wall that may greatly slow the flow and up the price.

It will be fine

And yet you've defended their usage on this forum. What seems to matter most to some here is a readily available access to a cheap high. And they don't want the government getting in their way. And don't want a wall that may greatly slow the flow and up the price.
Weak deflection argument. Got any evidence that the drug war reduces use or availability?

MAKAVELI

Heroin is cheap. That's the main reason pill poppers switch. Do you really think a majority of these addicts prefer to to be strung out vs sober?

MAKAVELI

Why is your title saying worse than smoking but article says smoking is worse? I've seen other recent studies from legitimate institutions say secondhand smoke not as bad as previously thought. Obviously you want to inhale as little as possible, but to put secondhand smoke on the same plane as illegal drug use is ludicrous.
You're more than welcome to post those links.

vantexan

You're more than welcome to post those links.
Can't find them on Google. However a quick perusal of available articles says secondhand smoke gives about a 30% similar effect as smoking. Your own post says it's worse than smoking in the title but not in the article itself. Alarmism. Since smokers often go decades before suffering the horrible effects of smoking to compare secondhand smoke to drugs that can kill you the very first time is ludicrous.

MAKAVELI

Can't find them on Google. However a quick perusal of available articles says secondhand smoke gives about a 30% similar effect as smoking. Your own post says it's worse than smoking in the title but not in the article itself. Alarmism. Since smokers often go decades before suffering the horrible effects of smoking to compare secondhand smoke to drugs that can kill you the very first time is ludicrous.
I didn't make the comparison. You did. The fact is tobacco and alcohol kill more people than "hard drugs".
Tobacco, alcohol killed 120 times more Americans than all other drugs combined in 2013

vantexan

A wall would do absolutely nothing.
Then why is the Left so fearful of it? And please don't talk about the expense because spending money is y'all's specialty. If it kept millions out who'd need public assistance it would actually save money and more than pay for itself.

MAKAVELI

You were the one who made this statement. My mentioning cigarettes was a reply to IWBF mentioning them.
So using crack or heroin doesn't affect others around them? Doesn't affect job performance? Doses affect public safety i.e. driving vehicles? The difference between cigarette use and hard drug use, even pot use, is lucidity. The cigarette user is doing himself harm, no doubt. But it doesn't cause him to do others harm.
Sorry Van you were the one who mentioned cigarettes first.

MAKAVELI

Then why is the Left so fearful of it? And please don't talk about the expense because spending money is y'all's specialty. If it kept millions out who'd need public assistance it would actually save money and more than pay for itself.
Because it's a waste of $ and time.