Immigration

vantexan

Persians are Persian. Kurds are Kurdish. People call themselves Persian because there are large minorities in Iran that do not speak Persian, identify with that culture and don't want to be associated as such.

A better ex: someone living Austria, who speaks only Italian, or Hungarian, etc... and is from Italy or Hungary. They will claim to be Italian or Hungarian.
Fair point.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
@moreluck just wants you to point out where Persia is on a world map.

Unless you're talking about limes. Or melons.
Or cats!

A7C7BA0E-A948-40F9-B5F1-F09DADCFC080.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
The political designation is that the country of England is part of the UK.
Try shipping a package using USPS, UPS or FDX shipping systems.
You can’t ship a package to England.

Also, look up the International Standards for countries - England is not on it.

The United Kingdom (UK) comprises four countries: England, Scotland, and Wales (which collectively make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland[1][2] (which is variously described as a country, province or region).
Countries of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

it is considered a country in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) list of countries
Are England, Scotland and Wales Countries? | Picture Britain

UnconTROLLed

perfection
England is a country. Scotland is a country. N Ireland etc. They are still very fiercely independent of each other. I am an Ulster Scot descent and technically Northern Irish, but the "real' Irish don't agree and nor do we. Lol

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The United Kingdom (UK) comprises four countries: England, Scotland, and Wales (which collectively make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland[1][2] (which is variously described as a country, province or region).
Countries of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

it is considered a country in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) list of countries
Are England, Scotland and Wales Countries? | Picture Britain
I have to disagree with that after working with these codes for over 20 years in UPS systems.
But you did make me look it up and THERE IS NO ENGLAND IN THE LIST.

England not in ISO list of countries.PNG

A search within the ISO database for "England" resulted in this result:

United Kingdom.jpg

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
England is a country. Scotland is a country. N Ireland etc. They are still very fiercely independent of each other. I am an Ulster Scot descent and technically Northern Irish, but the "real' Irish don't agree and nor do we. Lol
Down here in the South USA, we are fiercely independent of each other ... but other than Texas, we generally think of ourselves as part of the USA.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage