Immigration

vantexan

The political designation is that the country of England is part of the UK.
Try shipping a package using USPS, UPS or FDX shipping systems.
You can’t ship a package to England.
But you said there is no longer an England. Not as a separate country, sure. But as you put it it's like saying there's no longer a Georgia or Texas.

vantexan

England is a country. Scotland is a country. N Ireland etc. They are still very fiercely independent of each other. I am an Ulster Scot descent and technically Northern Irish, but the "real' Irish don't agree and nor do we. Lol
I'm Scots-Irish/Cherokee. Love it when people say Scotch-Irish.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Scotland has it's own parliament. It was a bone the British threw them to squelch independence talk.
Not that I really care but this is from the ISO Listing of Countries.

ISO 3166 Country Codes

Scotland not on ISO.PNG

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because o friend creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

re-visiting this. maybe one of the worst quotes by any president. It certainly didn't age well..Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because o friend creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

re-visiting this. maybe one of the worst quotes by any president. It certainly didn't age well..Lol
One of the best presidential quotes on immigration. Holds up very well to anyone able to think rationally.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Think rationally about this: English was not and never intended to be the "one language here". Poor Teddy couldn't help it
If you actually do 2 minutes of research into the quote you'll see that he is explaining from an economic perspective the necessity of learning the English language in order to thrive here.

I know Democrats like you want to keep minorites in chains and dependent on the government though, so I'm not surprised you support keeping immigrants ignorant and unable to compete in the job market.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because o friend creed, or birthplace, or origin"

But but it's okay to discriminate based upon language spoken. Let me guess, there is only one religion allowed, too...and so on we could go..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because o friend creed, or birthplace, or origin"

But but it's okay to discriminate based upon language spoken. Let me guess, there is only one religion allowed, too...and so on we could go..
1567314980994.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you actually do 2 minutes of research into the quote you'll see that he is explaining from an economic perspective the necessity of learning the English language in order to thrive here.

I know Democrats like you want to keep minorites in chains and dependent on the government though, so I'm not surprised you support keeping immigrants ignorant and unable to compete in the job market.
your discomfort and personal attack shows how frail the lingua franca argument is.