In station security cams with microphones...

fatboy33

What's the policy on managers using the security system to listen in on employee conversations during the sort and on break? Do they need cause or are the legally allow to be nosey?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What's the policy on managers using the security system to listen in on employee conversations during the sort and on break? Do they need cause or are the legally allow to be nosey?
Are you on FedEx property?
If you are, you should assume that you are being monitored. If you’re doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Violation:
These are: Intrusion into an individual's privatesolitude or seclusion. An employee may allege this form of privacy invasion when an employer unreasonably searches (e.g., a locker or desk drawer) or conducts surveillance in areas in which an employee has a legitimate expectation of privacy (e.g., dressing rooms).
Justia.com

MassWineGuy

My understanding is that while we’re on the clock we have no presumption of privacy.

Any halfway decent manager isn’t going to have time during sort to hang out in their office and listen. Don’t even know if they can. I’m only aware of cameras. Also, any decent manager knows what their staff doesn’t like.

AB831

Any halfway decent manager isn’t going to have time during sort to hang out in their office and listen. Don’t even know if they can. I’m only aware of cameras. Also, any decent manager knows what their staff doesn’t like.
Well one out of every ten FedEx managers would qualify as being half decent.

MAKAVELI

How many times have you solicited coworker’s vote for union representation?

Asking for the Teamsters who want to know how much skin you have in the fight.
My coworkers? A majority of them would in a heartbeat, even some old-timers who would just
to say :censored2: you Fred.😄

MAKAVELI

So, you’ve essentially done nothing to convince the Teamsters to expend any time or energy to help your ass.
I don't know why you're so concerned what I've done to help organize FedEx when you're the retired old :censored2: with nothing but time to do some organizing.

vantexan

Teamsters have an airline division. DHL is teamsters.
Have no idea what they're doing currently but when DHL bought out Airborne they were required to carve out the aircraft part as a separate company majority owned by Americans. Foreigners aren't allowed to control a domestic airline. So they may be Teamsters delivering freight, but they aren't flying those aircraft. At least not under the DHL banner.