Is FedEx Prepared?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just a heads up for the rest of the country. Here in Texas the gas stations are running out of gas and diesel fuel, with block long lines at those who still have it available. Trucks RTB are having difficulty refueling and finding 30-60 minute waits in line to do so.
Top 'er off whenever you can, it may be days, weeks, or months before supplies return to normal.

bacha29

It will be bad for a few days but thats all.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Refinery's are shutting down in the Mid Atlantic region due to the lack of crude . A major finished product pipeline supplying NYC is shut down. While tankers are coming from Europe with finished gas and diesel how fast in can be offloaded remains to be seen. More than 25% of US refining capacity is impacted by Harvey and restarting can take up to a month. Wholesale gasoline has jumped 26% in price in just the past week.And to top it all off Hurricane Irma is intensifying rapidly in the South Atlantic and some models say that this one could come up the East Coast. Try to keep your tanks full, this one could be a tight one from a supply standpoint.

Oldfart

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Refinery's are shutting down in the Mid Atlantic region due to the lack of crude . A major finished product pipeline supplying NYC is shut down. While tankers are coming from Europe with finished gas and diesel how fast in can be offloaded remains to be seen. More than 25% of US refining capacity is impacted by Harvey and restarting can take up to a month. Wholesale gasoline has jumped 26% in price in just the past week.And to top it all off Hurricane Irma is intensifying rapidly in the South Atlantic and some models say that this one could come up the East Coast. Try to keep your tanks full, this one could be a tight one from a supply standpoint.
If wholesale has jumped 25%, how long before it hits retail? We have only seen an increase of less than a dime at the pumps here.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'm in the DFW area, seen unleaded Regular as high as 2.89 already, with 3 out of 4 stations out of gas. How long before an industry dependent on fuel is shut down?

bacha29

"Refinery's"???
Correction: Refineries . I apologize for not spell checking first but I wanted to get this out to everyone because say for example they're down to half a tank and they know there's a pump nearby that you can top off, might be a good idea given that the weekend is upon us.

Serf

It was bad when Sandy hit. Long lines for the few stations that even had fuel. Saw some guys fist fighting because one guy cut another. Literally filling a 2 gallon can for his generator. Cops arrested him. Most had no power for 2 weeks. For some reason, I think Harvey will be worse. But the resilient spirit of Texans and Cajuns in fishing boats is awesome.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Amazing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Top 'er off whenever you can, it may be days, weeks, or months before supplies return to normal.

I've always hated that advice. It needlessly stretches supplies even thinner. Gas stations should add a $3/gallon penalty for any purchase under 5 gallons under these circumstances.

Whats in the Box

Per our SM, Memphis has many contingencies to the fuel shortages.

In the DFW area where we are experiencing shortages at gas stations right now, we were allowed to use commercial fueling stations even if they were selling over $3/gal to maintain operational readiness. If that was no longer an option, the brass would bring in tankers from Memphis to fuel our trucks.

This "shortage" was nothing more than a hyperbolic hysteria fueled by social media as the real shortage was the number of fuel tank drivers available in the state to deliver fuel. Most tank drivers were stuck/evacuated in Harvey affected areas. Also, those tank drivers available and onroad still had to uphere the 14hr DOT rules too--the true Catch-22!!