Is UPS really banning gun shipments? Or is this a scam?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
It's a scam.

Trijicon packages show up all the time. I have yet to meet a 2nd use for a gun scope.

Sounds to me more like some unauthorized dealer got caught shipping ghost guns to states where UPS would face significant litigation.
Yep. I just delivered some sort of long gun from Bill Hicks Guns to customer last Thursday (adult sig of course)

oldngray

nowhere special
It's a scam.

Trijicon packages show up all the time. I have yet to meet a 2nd use for a gun scope.

Sounds to me more like some unauthorized dealer got caught shipping ghost guns to states where UPS would face significant litigation.
Or maybe someone like a DA in a state where the parts are legal didn't like them and pressured UPS and Carol quickly caved.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Its on the internet so it must true, of course I personally had a guy ship two guns through the Customer Counter on Friday ,and another ship gun parts, but damn Carol and her woke sensibilities.

DriverNerd

UPS now requires all hand guns to be shipped next day air, so maybe that has something to do with changes some shippers are receiving.

nWo

Another mass shooting today. Could you imagine if it came out that the shooter got the guns from an illegal UPS shipment?

BrownIsTheColorOf

My center handles the Ruger account and picks up and delivers thousands of packages a month for them. I doubt UPS is completely eliminating such accounts. This has to do with the sketchier/less compliant gun people who ship. If the ATF is talking to them, they are probably doing the bare minimum to appease them, just like they do with everything else.