ISIS aka The Islamic State

bbsam

Staff member
White House press secretary Josh Earnest was awarded “Four Pinocchios” by The Washington Post for a whopper he told last week, when he attempted to distance President Barack Obama from the claim that he referred to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) as the “JV squad.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/03/white-house-gets-fact-checked-on-isis-jv-spin/#ixzz3CHc7LQE6

I'll do it then. Not only are they the JV squad, but they don't even know the game they're playing. Social media? Well funded through western banks? Pissing off not only the U.S. But every regional power as well? Obama isn't going to hand over the keys to the Middle East to Assad. I'm thinking Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia are about to become major players in the mess. Any ISIS fighter not located and destroyed by way of Twitter, drones, and ruthless shelling will spend the rest of his miserable existence in an Egyptian interrogation chamber.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'll do it then. Not only are they the JV squad, but they don't even know the game they're playing. Social media? Well funded through western banks? Pissing off not only the U.S. But every regional power as well? Obama isn't going to hand over the keys to the Middle East to Assad. I'm thinking Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia are about to become major players in the mess. Any ISIS fighter not located and destroyed by way of Twitter, drones, and ruthless shelling will spend the rest of his miserable existence in an Egyptian interrogation chamber.

ISIS just made its biggest mistake by going after Saudi royalty. The Sauds will spend BIG money to end that group.

bbsam

Staff member
ISIS just made its biggest mistake by going after Saudi royalty. The Sauds will spend BIG money to end that group.
Correct. And we are no longer under the illusion that the Middle East needs Jeffersonian Democracy. Stability is all that can truly be manufactured.

bbsam

Staff member
Uh, I think the real blame lies with Bush and Cheney since they destabilized the entire middle east with their excellent adventure.
I agree. But doesn't really matter now. America's interests lie in eradicating ISIS and replacing it with stability...no matter how ugly that stability is.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Oh, I see...do something like what Bush and Co. did after 9-11?? Rush to invade a country based on incorrect information without careful assessment beforehand, arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning people, torturing some others, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, and deposing the one man who's kept the country stable -- wasting of billions of dollars and wrecking the domestic economy at the same time?? Oh, yeah...that worked so well last time.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Iraq was a much better place when Bush left office than it is now after years of Obama.
Short term memory is a terrible thing to lose. Of course Oldie and luck they don't have any to begin with. All the evil in the world started the day Obama raised his hand and took the oath in January of 2009.

ImWaitingForTheDay

And here was Oldie,brownie,luckys outrage when Bush did NOTHING which led to the deaths of nearly 3,000 civilians on 9/11/01...........(crickets)........................

oldngray

nowhere special
And here was Oldie,brownie,luckys outrage when Bush did NOTHING which led to the deaths of nearly 3,000 civilians on 9/11/01...........(crickets)........................

In 2001 when Bush inherited a mess from Clinton if you want to dig up history? And Bush did take action after the attacks (with the support of Democrats).

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was no point to that cartoon.
The point of that cartoon , for those that don't get it, is.....how many more American's heads need to fall before there's anything done? The only strategy by Odumbo is what club to play on the 4th hole.

ImWaitingForTheDay

In 2001 when Bush inherited a mess from Clinton if you want to dig up history? And Bush did take action after the attacks (with the support of Democrats).
It really is amazing that YOU and the others never seem to connect the decisions made 10 years ago to the problems today.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, I see...do something like what Bush and Co. did after 9-11?? Rush to invade a country based on incorrect information without careful assessment beforehand, arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning people, torturing some others, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, and deposing the one man who's kept the country stable -- wasting of billions of dollars and wrecking the domestic economy at the same time?? Oh, yeah...that worked so well last time.
Where on earth are you getting all this? I support what Obama is doing. Much like what he did in Libya, "Leading from behind" is what we should be doing unless we intend to stay indefinitely and run a puppet state. Stability in the region is in our interest and we can leave our moral platitudes on the rack.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What I'm still not hearing is exactly what they'd do if they were in Obama's shoes. They want the guy to take responsibility for more dead U.S. soldiers.
Obama won those shoes........Harvard grad...........ha ha. He should be smart enough to know what to do.....how else did he get into Harvard ??