Kevin McCarthy— OUT!

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
She’s still a member of the House.

That's still open to debate as McHenry doesn't technically have that power to evict her as his one and only job is to get a new Speaker elected. McHenry did send the email saying "Get out now bitch": but it supposedly came at the behest of McCarthy and allies.
Sorry I should have said that she is no longer voted in speaker if the house.

newolddude

Sorry I should have said that she is no longer voted in speaker if the house.
She wasn't even occupying the grand office suites designated for the Speaker. She was just in a small office nicknamed a "hideaway" given to senior members because of their limited numbers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He doesn't know anything about any of that.
He lives in a left wing bubble.
These people are mentally ill. Case in point, the social justice activist that just got stabbed to death by an 18 year old black psychopath in NYC. His idiot friends said that the dead guy wouldn’t have blamed the killer, but the system. No outrage at getting stabbed. They deserve everything they get.

Browntown2014

jjI1JuP_d.webp

Lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There are a limited number of offices in the Capitol building itself. Most senators and House reps have their offices in the buildings surrounding the Capitol. Those limited "hideaway" offices were handled semi-unofficially and were given to senior people in both parties.
  • Either people like Whips, committee chair etc that need to be nearby so they can get to the chambers right away.
  • Older members so they don't have to walk as far.
  • Committee heads that involve security, defense etc. Areas that need to be more secured than the office buildings.
The point wasn't that McCarthy took the office back from Pelosi; its his power to do so. Just that he did it within like 2 hours, while Pelosi was at a funeral and gave her less than 24 hours to get out.
Seems to me that if a member is so old that they need concessions made for their age or condition, it’s time for them to be put out to pasture.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Heck yeah brother, I only want inexperienced leaders running things.
They are leaders. They are public servants. I find it weird so many attorneys go for these positions. Makes you wonder why anyone would want a attorney representing them for free. My money is on that the attorney is not representing them. Just giving them the facade that they are.