Mandatory 6 day for peak

542thruNthru

Because he's a big pansy.
source-13.gif

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yes seasonal driver job will be done jan 15th anyways
Umm so what's the problem? You'll be gone in 6 weeks but can't work Saturdays during the time you were literally hired for? Ok. FYI, I was seasonal 4 years ago. I'll be top rate in a few months, but hey, enjoy your family time I guess with no job, money, good times.

Rookie2020

Rookie 2020
Umm so what's the problem? You'll be gone in 6 weeks but can't work Saturdays during the time you were literally hired for? Ok. FYI, I was seasonal 4 years ago. I'll be top rate in a few months, but hey, enjoy your family time I guess with no job, money, good times.
No was hired tues. To sat.
Have a family need time for appointments for kids. Can't work every Monday impossible to be in 2 places at once.
And what are the chances of being hired. We don't get any answers.

Rookie2020

Rookie 2020
Have a family need time for appointments for kids. Can't work every Monday impossible to be in 2 places at once.

Wasn't told when hired 6 days 12 hour shifts.
I can handle 12 hours but damn

rod

Retired 23 years
Actually something to get to stay on if they do a good job
I suppose it depends on how big of center you work at and what the turn over rate is. I don't ever recall any seasonal being able to stay on after peak at my old center. Hell -- after peak a third of the full time drivers were usually laid off for a month or two.

I suppose it depends on how big of center you work at and what the turn over rate is. I don't ever recall any seasonal being able to stay on after peak at my old center. Hell -- after peak a third of the full time drivers were usually laid off for a month or two.
With this Covid stuff going on there might be a few openings plus don't forget retirements.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Your kids have appointments for the next 6 Mondays straight? You both have to go? You are seasonal, just extra help through the holidays. Not being willing to even do that temporary 6 day work week during the last couple weeks of the year will guarantee you won't be kept on.

The chances of being kept depends on the location and the need, in addition to the employee themselves, such as work ethic. I started off seasonal, did a good job, was hired permanently, an off the street hire, though I came with former experience with FedEx.

Life requires sacrifice and balance. Good luck in your endeavors as clearly this isn't that place for you.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Peak season is literally one month pushing 1.5-2 in certain areas depending on volume.
Don’t apply for a peak season job you can’t dedicate yourself to because they will fire you if they feel they can do without you.
Love doesn’t pay the bills.