Memphis Folks: What Are You Hearing?

MassWineGuy

I read that Fedex was cutting back on capital expenditures in general, maybe for your hub. Have you seen, read or heard anything official or otherwise that describes what’s happening there?

cosis

True. Fat Freddy has had a late freight problem, well.....as long as I’ve been there.

our station doesn't even attempt service anymore because the freight is so late... I honestly can't remember the last time we tried to make service.

AB831

our station doesn't even attempt service anymore because the freight is so late... I honestly can't remember the last time we tried to make service.
We try to make service everyday. Many couriers don’t start P2 until after 2 o’clock

HedleyLamarr

We are required to try and make service no matter how late we leave the station. "We pushed the resi P1s to noon, so you shouldn't have lates even if freight is late." That is what our managers are saying. Of course our SPH is pathetic from having to backtrack to get all the resi P1s that we skipped over.

McFeely

Huge Member
I honestly think I’ve had maybe 5 late P1 stops in the last 2 months. The latest our freight has been this entire summer is like 30 min.

El Morado Diablo

We aren't getting out of the station before 10am a couple of days a week. Chasing P1's first before we get into our P2 stops. This really hurts the stations in the Western US who have shorter operating hours. You can only condense the day so much before you have major problems getting the job done.

AB831

We aren't getting out of the station before 10am a couple of days a week. Chasing P1's first before we get into our P2 stops. This really hurts the stations in the Western US who have shorter operating hours. You can only condense the day so much before you have major problems getting the job done.
It kind of seems like the company isn't built to handle its own business model anymore.

FedexGirl

We are required to try and make service no matter how late we leave the station. "We pushed the resi P1s to noon, so you shouldn't have lates even if freight is late." That is what our managers are saying. Of course our SPH is pathetic from having to backtrack to get all the resi P1s that we skipped over.
Exactly!!

McFeely

Huge Member
Twenty sph? Wow! I’m good if I get 10. But they’re not always tight stops.

Im typically around 12 sph during my P1 if I’m running pure service. 20-25 sph during my p2. Easy to do on a lot of routes with area knowledge and stop density.

I used to have a route that I could manage 8 sph average all day if I followed the speed limit.

cosis

We been getting out of the station around 10:45-11am. We been clocking in between 9-9:30am. No attempt at service in months. They use to care somewhat about Saturday service but that to doesn't matter.