Michelle Obama

moreluck

golden ticket member
December 19, 2011 @ 5:25 pm | Mooch Arrives In Hawaii, Promptly Disappears…

It’s almost like her handlers know this is a PR disaster.
Via Keith Koffler:
From a brief report in the Honolulu Star Advertiser:
First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha seem to have been enjoying a respite from the television cameras since arriving at their Kailua vacation home on Saturday, according to area residents.
Scott Miscovich, who lives down the street from the now-famous five-bedroom rental home on Kailuana Place, said media and security presence in the area has so far been “very subtle.”
The “respite from the cameras” is more likely a firm White House strategy to have the first lady keep her head low. Mrs. Obama’s visit has caused a stir because it cost probably well in excess of $100,000 to send her there ahead of her husband, who decided to remain in town until he and Congress agree to extend the Social Security payroll tax cut.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 @ 9:53 am | Shocker: Mooch’s “MyPlate” Program a Miserable Failure…

God only knows how many taxpayer dollars were flushed down the toilet on this.
(NYDN) — A graphic interpretation of recent changes to the US dietary guidelines shows that the average American adheres to the national food guide MyPlate just seven days out of the year.

Using its National Eating Trends statistics, which have been tracking the eating and drinking habits of US consumers for 30 years, market research company the NPD Group found that only two percent of Americans’ diets — equal to about seven days a year — come close to the US Department of Agriculture’s new dietary guidelines launched this summer.

Analysts defined “MyPlate days” based on consumers who achieved at least 70 percent of the daily recommended intake for dairy, fruit, grains, proteins and vegetables on the same day. The report was released Tuesday.

Furthermore, the few times Americans were found to meet nutritional requirements, data showed that they were also likely to consume more than three meals a day.

First Lady Michelle Obama launched the new plate icon this year, replacing the decades-old food pyramid

moreluck

golden ticket member
MilbrD20111224_low.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wonder if she stopped to visit all those homeless people living in the tents on the beaches of Waianae to see how they were eating. Its been several years since I have been there, I thought it was strange that people were allowed to do that.
She refuses to stop near there....the boy's father (sperm donor) is actually one of the homeless living in his van.....loser!! They chase them away, but they only keep moving up and down the beaches. Turns out 'normal' families fear going to their own beaches. So they hit the lagoons at Ko'Olina.....safe & beautiful.

moreluck

golden ticket member
December 24, 2011 @ 4:59 pm | Mooch: I Get “To Travel To See The World”…

And guess who gets stuck paying the bill?
Via RCP:
“Someone asked me a question about whether I feel confined or trapped in some way. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I couldn’t do what Barack does. But I think what I’ve been able to do; raise my kids, take on issues that matter deeply to me, to travel to see the world. I feel very blessed in this role

moreluck

golden ticket member
So she didn't find this on her "sneak out Target trip"...........

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 @ 8:54 am | ]Let Them Eat Cake! Mooch’s Vacation Wardrobe Includes $2K Sundress…
I shouldn’t be so tough on her, I mean what ordinary American woman living among the 99% doesn’t splurge once in a while and spend up to $2,000 on a sundress?
Via Naked DC:

. . . As she accompanied Barack and family to church services on the Kaneohe Bay Marine Base on Sunday, Michelle sported a Resort Collection Sophie Theallet sundress [pictured above], which, at the time it was purchased in late 2009, cost between $1K and $2K. Similar dresses from the Resort 2012 collection sell for that much and more

texan

Huh. How can that dress cost that much? I know there are 1,000 to 5,000 mens suits, and 1,000 to 5,000 dresses
that women wear to formal events and the oscars. But that Sun dress. hoo boy. I am ignorant to high end clothes.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dec. 30, 2011 @ 11:38 am | ]Mooch: My $4 Million 17-Day Holiday Vacation To Hawaii “One Last Long, Deep Breath Before Plunging Into 2012″…
Yet another email begging for $3.
Subject: I want to be able to say
Date: December 30, 2011 10:55:35 AM EST

To: Drew
Reply-To: [email protected]

Drew –

This holiday has felt a bit like one last long, deep breath before we plunge into 2012.
This time next year, I don’t want us to have any regrets. I want to be able to say we rose to the task, and got it done. We’ve all got some work to do right now.

Over the next 11 months we’ve got an organization to grow, voters to register, and people to get fired up.

I hope you’ll close out this year by donating $3 or more now to help make sure we’re ready for the next one:
https://donate.barackobama.com/No-Regrets

Thank you so much, and happy new year,
Michelle

P.S. — Also, when you donate today, you are automatically entered for a chance to be one of three supporters to have dinner with Barack and me.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dec. 30, 2011 @ 11:38 am | Mooch: My $4 Million 17-Day Holiday Vacation To Hawaii “One Last Long, Deep Breath Before Plunging Into 2012″…

Yet another email begging for $3.
Subject: I want to be able to say
Date: December 30, 2011 10:55:35 AM EST

To: Drew
Reply-To: [email protected]

Drew –

This holiday has felt a bit like one last long, deep breath before we plunge into 2012.
This time next year, I don’t want us to have any regrets. I want to be able to say we rose to the task, and got it done. We’ve all got some work to do right now.

Over the next 11 months we’ve got an organization to grow, voters to register, and people to get fired up.

I hope you’ll close out this year by donating $3 or more now to help make sure we’re ready for the next one:
https://donate.barackobama.com/No-Regrets

Thank you so much, and happy new year,
Michelle

P.S. — Also, when you donate today, you are automatically entered for a chance to be one of three supporters to have dinner with Barack and me.

HOPE I WIN!!

Peace.

TOS, just go back through all these threads and and send them you posts, let them see that you are the kind of guy they want at their table.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Saturday, January 7, 2012 @ 8:27 pm Report: Gibbs Was Tasked With Telling Michelle Obama She Was Spending Too Much Money, Couldn’t Take Vacations While On State Visits…

No wonder he quit.
(Telegraph) — Michelle Obama clashed frequently with Rahm Emmanuel, her husband’s White House chief of staff, as the pair vied for influence over the President, according to a new book.
The First Lady reportedly believed that Mr Emmanuel’s willingness to cut backroom deals during the battle over health care reform was tainting Barack Obama’s image as a new kind of American leader.

The Obamas paints a picture of a presidential inner circle divided between Mrs Obama’s idealistic belief in what the administration could achieve and the grittier pragmatism of Mr Emmanuel.

The book, written by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor, claims that the chief of staff refused to allow the president’s wife into high-level morning meetings, leading a brooding Mrs Obama to berate other senior advisers by email.

She allegedly sent furious notes to Alyssa Mastromonaco, the president’s director of scheduling, and to Valerie Jarrett, a Chicago friend who now serves as one President Obama’s top advisors.
Ms Jarrett was said to remove the First Lady’s name before circulating the emails widely within the West Wing.

The then-press secretary Robert Gibbs was apparently often dispatched to placate Mrs Obama when limits were put on the amount she could spend on clothes or White House redecoration, as well as to explain why she could not take private holiday while on state visits.
Keep reading…

moreluck

golden ticket member
We didn't hear about this one....

Obama Goes Mad Hatter! Throws A Secret “Alice In Wonderland” Bash at the White House in 2009 TEA PARTY! Johnny Depp played host, as the Mad Hatter, at a 2009 White House bash, but a new book says it was kept quiet from the press for fear of backlash amid the recession.

This pretty much explains everything.

(NEW YORK POST) — It was the tea party the Obamas just couldn’t resist.

A White House “Alice in Wonderland” costume ball — put on by Johnny Depp and Hollywood director Tim Burton — proved to be a Mad-as-a-Hatter idea that was never made public for fear of a political backlash during hard economic times, according to a new tell-all.
“The Obamas,” by New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor, tells of the first Halloween party the first couple feted at the White House in 2009. It was so over the top that “Star Wars” creator George Lucas sent the original Chewbacca to mingle with invited guests.

The book reveals how any official announcement of the glittering affair — coming at a time when Tea Party activists and voters furious over the lagging economy, 10-percent unemployment rate, bank bailouts and Obama’s health-care plan were staging protests — quickly vanished down the rabbit hole.

“White House officials were so nervous about how a splashy, Hollywood-esque party would look to jobless Americans — or their representatives in Congress, who would soon vote on health care — that the event was not discussed publicly and Burton’s and Depp’s contributions went unacknowledged,” the book says.

However, the White House made certain that more humble Halloween festivities earlier that day — for thousands of Washington-area schoolkids — were well reported by the press corps.
Then the Obamas went inside, where an invitation-only affair for children of military personnel and White House administrators unfolded in the East Room.
Unbeknownst to reporters, the State Dining Room had also been transformed into a secretive White House Wonderland.

Tim Burton decorated it “in his signature creepy-comic style. His film version was about to be released, and he had turned the room into the Mad Hatter’s tea party, with a long table set with antique-looking linens, enormous stuffed animals in chairs, and tiered serving plates with treats like bone-shaped meringue cookies,” reports the book, which The Post purchased at a Manhattan bookstore.
“Fruit punch was served in blood vials at the bar. Burton’s own Mad Hatter, the actor Johnny Depp, presided over the scene in full costume, standing up on a table to welcome everyone in character.”
The Obamas’ daughters, Malia and Sasha, then 11 and 8 respectively, “sat at the table, surrounded by a gaggle of their friends, and then proceeded to the next delight, a magic show in the East Room.”
Kantor’s book details more personal aspects of the Obama White House, serving up glimpses of the first couple’s marriage, parenting, sometimes tense handling of staff issues and even the president’s sly sense of humor when it comes to race.

One morning during his Senate campaign, Obama didn’t show up to a meeting with donors. “After a frantic search, a white staffer named Peter Coffey called Obama’s barbershop to find that, yes, he was there.”
The president confronted Coffey about the call later that day.

“‘The relationship between a black man and his barber is sacred,’ Obama bellowed . . . ‘For failing to understand this truth, your punishment is to watch the movie “Barbershop.” And for further punishment, you will then watch the sequel, “Barbershop 2.”’”

Often White House staffers found themselves in the middle of husband-and-wife quarrels.

“The advisors could feel hopelessly caught between husband and wife,” Kantor writes. “The Obama marriage was awkward for everyone: for the aides, for the president . . . and for the first

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's been rumored for awhile that Mooch has been coveting this property since it became available....Not the pres, not his daughters, but whatever mama wants mama gets!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 @ 11:57 am | 25 Comments » Report: One-Percenter Barack Obama Considers Purchasing Katharine Hepburn’s Former Connecticut Mansion For $18 Million…

How does this fit in with the White House’s new Obama moniker, “warrior of the working class?”
Old Saybrook, Conn (WTNH) – It was rumored that President Barack Obama has considered purchasing the late Katharine Hepburn’s 8,300-square-foot mansion in the posh Fenwick section of Old Saybrook.

Some folks living in the Fenwick section of Old Saybrook were not surprised by the recent rumors.

Marge Taylor says news President Barack Obama may be looking at Katherine Hepburn’s old house is nothing new. She says his daughters Sasha and Malia have already been seen around the neighborhood because Sasha is friends with a girl who’s family has a home here.

“The daughters go by here with their bicycles. They’re lovely girls,” she said.
Whether or not the supposed Obama daughter sightings have sparked speculation the president is looking at the screen idol’s former home is not known.

According to the Connecticut Post , the current owner, New York construction executive Frank Sciame bought the 1938 brick mansion with his wife, Barbara, for $6 million in 2004. They are neither confirming nor denying the rumor.

How does OWS feel about their president being able to afford a house that’s on the market for $28 million?
The entire three-parcel, 3.4-acre property, with 680 feet of waterfront where Hepburn, the legendary movie star, would enjoy daily swims, has been on the market for about $28 million, but the house reportedly could be scooped up for about $18 million.