Missing

Re-Raise

No but I will be getting a hip replacement, or possible two, in the next couple of months. My left hip is almost gone. Makes this, easy as hell, job carrying cardboard a little less enjoyable. It started to really get bad from getting in/out of this low to the ground pvd mobile.
Oh brother! The future of UPS delivery??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What happened to Challenger??
Not so good...

hoPFXn9ZeK5egX_LkAxWlvYypj-myYxVXYPDPi4BiQ8.gif

clean hairy

Right here so as to not disappoint.
120 stops yesterday. Saved one driver from getting back too late after finishing my route. He was appreciative and didn't call me a scab. Interesting how that works.

I love the heroes here that "would die a painful death" before accepting help from a PVD. As IF they are steering the ship. HA!

No but I will be getting a hip replacement, or possible two, in the next couple of months. My left hip is almost gone. Makes this, easy as hell, job carrying cardboard a little less enjoyable. It started to really get bad from getting in/out of this low to the ground pvd mobile. Started 20 years ago from getting hit by a car during a triathlon.

Twisted mother.

How much $ you want to bet I'm more fit than 99% of other 64yo American men? Even with a badly arthritic hip.
It will be fun to monitor this thread as you "young bucks" (replace b with friend in many cases) become physical turd piles. That family you've neglected will throw you on the scrap heap while you are crying yourselves to sleep.
Oh, almost forgot, unions DO suck. Unless you are a UPS employee
You are not employed by UPS?
What business name issues the checks you get?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
My BIL, who suggested that I look into this job, did my PVD job last year. He quit Christmas eve but was contacted to work during the following summer. He said they needed help due to covid???
A little side story. He didn't do it this year because he said it was too physical and demanding. This is what I like about the job TBH. He was doing the job out of, if you can imagine, a PRIUS! Yup, he's a lib. He refused anything oversize or +70lbs. I got plenty of both and never thought about refusing to handle them.
In one respect I'm sure it was VERY tiresome exiting and entering a Prius. Even my outback was my biggest hindrance until I lifted it +-3". The time I did prior to lifting it was the final straw to roaching my hip. I know that the RPCDS work very hard but damn if working out of a step van isn't a great advantage.

My BIL, who suggested that I look into this job, did my PVD job last year. He quit Christmas eve but was contacted to work during the following summer. He said they needed help due to covid???
A little side story. He didn't do it this year because he said it was too physical and demanding. This is what I like about the job TBH. He was doing the job out of, if you can imagine, a PRIUS! Yup, he's a lib. He refused anything oversize or +70lbs. I got plenty of both and never thought about refusing to handle them.
In one respect I'm sure it was VERY tiresome exiting and entering a Prius. Even my outback was my biggest hindrance until I lifted it +-3". The time I did prior to lifting it was the final straw to roaching my hip. I know that the RPCDS work very hard but damn if working out of a step van isn't a great advantage.
Honestly you should probably looked at Amazon

You got to drive one of their vans and not beat up your own personal vehicle.
Locally for holidays it was offering a $3,000 sign on bonus and a starting wage of $22 an hour and benefits from day one

No I don't know what the strings attached to the bonus was but that's where I heard advertised on the radio

Non sequitur

Challenger I haven't followed your story but from what I gather you prize yourself as being decent delivering packages. Any monkey can do a stripped down version of this job for a month and be fairly successful. What you are doing and what a seasoned professional do are totally different. Do the actual job for 20 years + and then you'll be respected when you do the gorilla chest thump.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Challenger I haven't followed your story but from what I gather you prize yourself as being decent delivering packages. Any monkey can do a stripped down version of this job for a month and be fairly successful. What you are doing and what a seasoned professional do are totally different. Do the actual job for 20 years + and then you'll be respected when you do the gorilla chest thump.
You are so right. Most people think it’s easy, hell, I thought it was easy until I started working at UPS. LOL