New seniority list

Union 💪🏽 Strong

So a union steward updated the seniority list for the combo (FT) employees and for the for the PT employees in the hub, my question is about the transfers. There's an employee that transferred from a different state as a PT I noticed that in the updated list the steward put his hire date of that from the other state, are you not given a different seniority date when you transfer to another state?? Like being hired like new?? If I misunderstand how seniority works please I'm all ears! Thank you

542thruNthru

So a union steward updated the seniority list for the combo (FT) employees and for the for the PT employees in the hub, my question is about the transfers. There's an employee that transferred from a different state as a PT I noticed that in the updated list the steward put his hire date of that from the other state, are you not given a different seniority date when you transfer to another state?? Like being hired like new?? If I misunderstand how seniority works please I'm all ears! Thank you
Screenshot_20220128-125144_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Trailer monkey

I've seen transfers dovetailed, nothing is done unless someone files a grievance, say on a particular bid, the grievant will win but they still don't move the transfer down the list, so if no one says anything they stay where they are on the list and bid from that position. Most people are not paying attention and\or don't know the rule

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
He keeps that date for vacations and pensions and such His first day at new location would be his seniority date for bidding purposes

Overpaid Union Thug

As long as his seniority on the list is based on his new building start date there’s nothing to worry about. It might also say “education transfer” and his company seniority date by his name somewhere. If he is placed on the list based on that company seniority date then you better file ASAP. After so long his seniority date will be considered correct and permanent. Meaning, won’t be able to be changed later. I’ve seen that happen once.

Gman33909

If you transferred your seniority date starts the day you got to your new hub, however if you move to a new hub your seniority date dovetails

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bottom of the list in my local.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you transferred your seniority date starts the day you got to your new hub, however if you move to a new hub your seniority date dovetails
The only way this could be true is if your job was moved to a new location
You could follow it and keep your seniority date

Union 💪🏽 Strong

When you say move do you mean bid a route in another building?
Please follow, this employee was hired in 1990 in PA as a PT, Than he transferred to AZ as a PT in 1998. in 2003 this employee made a transfer as PT to a new hub that just opened that year (change of operations, seniority dovetailed ). Than in 2004 he made another transfer as a PT to another hub (no change of operations, just a normal transfer) in 2005 he went combo (same hub) and is been there ever since. I argue that his seniority is 2004 in this present hub! This employee argues his seniority is 1998 when he transferred from PA to AZ, is he right??

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Please follow, this employee was hired in 1990 in PA as a PT, Than he transferred to AZ as a PT in 1998. in 2003 this employee made a transfer as PT to a new hub that just opened that year (change of operations, seniority dovetailed ). Than in 2004 he made another transfer as a PT to another hub (no change of operations, just a normal transfer) in 2005 he went combo (same hub) and is been there ever since. I argue that his seniority is 2004 in this present hub! This employee argues his seniority is 1998 when he transferred from PA to AZ, is he right??
When he went FT he should have received a new adjusted FT seniority date. Where his 2004 date should have been cut in half.

I agree with you though. His transfer of 2004 should be his seniority date. I would file a grievance under the article I posted above and article 4 of the WRT.