New Video! Save your money!

summersaltstains

I wish UPS would build town-houses near every center for our families to live in. I would love to walk to work.
My previous hub had a brand new townhouse development right next to it. I always assumed it was built for management since our center manager was there from like 6AM to 8PM everyday.

browned out

Informative video for the youngsters. Thanks.

It is true that UPS management will use any knowledge of an employees financial issues against them if "need be".

UPS using one's financial situation (or any other compromising situation) as leverage against employees is a management retaliation tool that has recently been put on steroids thru UPS' misleading, not forthright, dishonest, unethical and most likely illegal annual MVDC form on UPSers.com. UPS has altered the form that we have filled out for decades and added the following:

• I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.
This; along with who knows what? is what UPS will have access to and use as leverage to put pressure on employees. UPS has no right to this information....unless you provide UPS legal access to it by blindly agreeing to the misleading MVDC form on UPSers.com. This is an extensive and intrusive reach for information that UPS has no legal right to.

Can employers see your credit score? How to prepare for what they actually see when they run a credit check

Most drivers are not aware that they did not have to agree to the above. UPSers.com does not give you an option to opt out. UPS management has misled employees into believing that they had to agree to the above conditions to fulfill the DOT FMCSA requirement of filling out the annual MVDC. UPS is required by law to pull your driving records every year. UPS does not have any legal authority to require other "records" Read your prior MVDCs; those MVDCs do not include the intrusive added language. The FMCSA DOT is in the process of removing all UPS drivers' requirement to fill out an annual MVDC due to the redundancy.

Regulations

It is fun using italics, bold type and different font sizes. I can not resist.

What is not funny is UPS blatantly lying on the UPSer.com MVDC online form. It is flat out deception. UPS drivers were not required by any law to agree to the terms UPS includes in that document. MVR Monitoring

READ THE LINKED PAGES my union brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

It is true that UPS management will use any knowledge of an employees financial issues against them if "need be".

UPS using one's financial situation (or any other compromising situation) as leverage against employees is a management retaliation tool that has recently been put on steroids thru UPS' misleading, not forthright, dishonest, unethical and most likely illegal annual MVDC form on UPSers.com. UPS has altered the form that we have filled out for decades and added the following:

• I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.
This; along with who knows what? is what UPS will have access to and use as leverage to put pressure on employees. UPS has no right to this information....unless you provide UPS legal access to it by blindly agreeing to the misleading MVDC form on UPSers.com. This is an extensive and intrusive reach for information that UPS has no legal right to.

Can employers see your credit score? How to prepare for what they actually see when they run a credit check

Most drivers are not aware that they did not have to agree to the above. UPSers.com does not give you an option to opt out. UPS management has misled employees into believing that they had to agree to the above conditions to fulfill the DOT FMCSA requirement of filling out the annual MVDC. UPS is required by law to pull your driving records every year. UPS does not have any legal authority to require other "records" Read your prior MVDCs; those MVDCs do not include the intrusive added language. The FMCSA DOT is in the process of removing all UPS drivers' requirement to fill out an annual MVDC due to the redundancy.

Regulations

What is not funny is UPS blatantly lying on the UPSer.com MVDC online form. It is flat out deception. UPS drivers were not required by any law to agree to the terms UPS includes in that document. MVR Monitoring

Sounds like if a driver already checked that box he’s SOL. Too late to do anything about it now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Regulations

You come up with the best conspiracy theories....

browned out

What are you talking about?

UPS drivers have submitted basically the exact same information required by the DOT FMCSA for decades.

Fill out the MVDC. Write NONE on it if you had no traffic violations that you have been convicted of. List any traffic violations you have been convicted of. That is it.

The new form allows UPS to be notified at any time of traffic violations one may not even end up being convicted of.

And who knows what records and reports UPS will have access to.

UPS most likely violated federal or state law in the 2021 MVDC form that the majority of drivers were directed to fill out on upsers.com. What records can they pull? Is a credit score one of the reports they can have access to? How often? What company is acquiring these records and reports? How will these reports be used to determine one's right to remain employed at UPS?

Written Consent

Before an employer requests your credit report, it must notify you and get your written authorization. This notice and authorization must be set forth in a separate document that doesn't include other information. In other words, it can't be a section of the company's standard employment application. or any other required document; it needs to be clearly separate.

The requirement for drivers across all industries is slated to be eliminated due to its redundancy. Why the major change in the UPS online MVDC that has language that applies to all employees' records and reports for the entirety of their career at UPS? Obviously, It will reduce UPS insurance cost but what else? and why wasn't it negotiated? Why weren't UPS drivers given the opportunity to opt out. I did not fill out the form online. I submitted the required DOT FMCSA form to my center manager in person. I handed the form to him. Without any of the caveats attached.

BUG; do you know the answers to any of the above questions regarding the drastic change to the MVDC?

Thanks in advance.

If anyone else can find out the answers to the above questions; please inform us. Thanks.

Last edited:

browned out

I think you are having trouble differentiating a conspiracy theory and an actual conspiracy. I will attempt to assist you so you may be able to comprehend.

Here is a conspiracy theory: the moon landing was faked. No concrete facts to substantiate this conspiracy theory.

Here is an actual conspiracy: Betty Rose Fischer and UPS colluded in order to fire Rob Atkinson. This conspiracy is based on facts with concrete evidence. The email(s) from BRF to the UPS labor manager prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that BRF was attempting to target RA UPS career.

Easy Peasy

Any constructive answers to the questions in the previous post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yolo

I just got the gig of seasonal driver. I know they will make me permanent after Christmas. I purchased a 2022 Ram Limited. 84 Months. 17.99% financing. Only $790 a month! Dealer will do my first 3 oil changes for free. I'm set baby!

From a Land Brown Under

I just got the gig of seasonal driver. I know they will make me permanent after Christmas. I purchased a 2022 Ram Limited. 84 Months. 17.99% financing. Only $790 a month! Dealer will do my first 3 oil changes for free. I'm set baby!
I know this is a joke post, but I have legitimately heard things along these lines, APR and all. It is more common than you think. Maybe not the seasonal driver thing, but in everyday life in general. Absolutely insane how people cannot set aside their pride before walking into the dealership doors. I have legit met people and had them explain to me how they'll be saving for a house right after they pay off their "nice car" purchase, while living in an apartment..

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I personally own three used Honda Fits, set for life also. Paid cash...👍

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What are you talking about?

The same old thing that I rebut when you post.

You had this whole diatribe about the 2018 contract, and blabbered on about NLRB charges.

It took you 3 years.... to finally answer.... you never even filed charges.

The new form allows UPS to be notified at any time of traffic violations one may not even end up being convicted of.

BUG; do you know the answers to any of the above questions regarding the drastic change to the MVDC?

Hate to tell you princess;

Every trucking company has access to that information.

How do you think they "find out" when a driver has an OMVI or DUI and doesn't report it ?

As usual.... it's a wild notion in your head.... there is some vast conspiracy to fire drivers.

But, you can't point to one example of that happening.

browned out

The same old thing that I rebut when you post.

You had this whole diatribe about the 2018 contract, and blabbered on about NLRB charges.

It took you 3 years.... to finally answer.... you never even filed charges.

Hate to tell you princess;

Every trucking company has access to that information.

How do you think they "find out" when a driver has an OMVI or DUI and doesn't report it ?

As usual.... it's a wild notion in your head.... there is some vast conspiracy to fire drivers.

But, you can't point to one example of that happening.
Same as usual. A useless non answer.

I am sure you can differentiate between writing NONE on an MVDC and UPS changing the terms to allow records and reports to be accessed at any time for the duration of all UPS drivers employment at UPS.

It's a simple question with simple answers.

What reports and records will UPS have access to?
How often will these reports be accessed?
What company is pulling these reports for UPS?
How will these reports be used for determining continuing employment at UPS?
Why were employees misled into believing that they were required by the DOT to agree to giving UPS permission to access those reports?

Did you compare the MVDC that UPSers have submitted for decades and the 2021 MVDC?

Are you Jimmy Hoffa Sr.? or just a senior slapdick?

satellitedriver

Regulations

For $39.00 just by knowing your name and location, I could do a full background check on you.
Every traffic ticket you received, every time you were arrested or convicted.
How much money you have in the bank.
What your credit score is.
Ect....,
Your point of privacy is moot in todays world.
What are you trying to hide?

browned out

What are you trying to hide?
Nothing...…or maybe everything.

Your question misses the point.

The questions are:

Why did UPS mislead drivers into agreeing to allow UPS access to records and reports for the duration of the drivers' careers?

Why did UPS change a simple federally required FMCSA MVDC report into a combined MVDC with employee consent to records and reports UPS previously had no legal access to?

If UPS already legally had access to all of these reports and records; why did they request (require) explicit consent from drivers?

Why is UPS sneaking this records grab into a Federal Requirement that is slated to be eliminated due to redundancy?

Why was I permitted to submit a MVDC to UPS without agreeing to allow UPS to access my records and reports for the duration of my career?

UPS deceived the vast majority of package car drivers who are selflessly working on the front line of a pandemic.

I did not agree to the new conditions of employment. I turned in my MVDC (as required by the FMSCA for decades and still (for now) required by the FMSCA) by hand to my center manager. Nothing more.

UPS management well above the center level informed me that I was not required to agree to the new terms.

It is Least Best to blindly agree to new terms and conditions of employment that have not been negotiated or even disclosed.

Signing everything UPS puts in front of you without question. Yikes!

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Nothing...…or maybe everything.

Your question misses the point.

The questions are:

Why did UPS mislead drivers into agreeing to allow UPS access to records and reports for the duration of the drivers' careers?

Why did UPS change a simple federally required FMCSA MVDC report into a combined MVDC with employee consent to records and reports UPS previously had no legal access to?

If UPS already legally had access to all of these reports and records; why did they require explicit consent from drivers?

Why is UPS sneaking this records grab into a Federal Requirement that is slated to be eliminated due to redundancy?

UPS deceived the vast majority of package car drivers who are selflessly working on the front line of a pandemic.

Why was I permitted to submit a MVDC to UPS without agreeing to allow UPS to access my records and reports for the duration of my career?

I did not agree to the new conditions of employment. I turned in my MVDC (as required by the FMSCA for decades) by hand to my center manager. Nothing more.

UPS management well above the center level informed me that I was not required to agree to the new terms.

It is Least Best to blindly agree to new terms and conditions of employment that have not been negotiated or even disclosed.

Sign everything UPS puts in front of you. Yikes!
The answer is simple.
If you have nothing to hide, then let them look.
Using words like, sneaking, deceived, selflessly working, blindly agreeing actually weakens your argument.
Don't sign the form if you don't agree and see where that gets you.
Your, so called, legal rights are more important than a simple job requirement.