New Video! The 7 Deadly Sins that will get you FIRED

rod

Retired 23 years
How many unreported accidents? How often drinking on the job? :lol:
Anyone who says they reported EVERY accident is a damn liar. I NEVER drank on the job but I did report to work in the mornings
more than I like to admit with enough residual alcohol in my body left over from the night before to probably not pass a DUI test.

I guess I did have one glass of beer one time at one of my last stops --a school bus garage out in the country that was having their end of school year party. Some clown stole the key out of my truck and wouldn't give it back until I had a beer.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Times have really changed. I worked Preload from 1985 until I went Fulltime in 1989 . At least three times a week there would be an argument and on break we'd take it outside and handle it. I remember finishing the sort with a fat lip,busted nose and swollen knuckles many times lol
Noone called HR, noone reported it, we handled it inhouse

Times have really changed. I worked Preload from 1985 until I went Fulltime in 1989 . At least three times a week there would be an argument and on break we'd take it outside and handle it. I remember finishing the sort with a fat lip,busted nose and swollen knuckles many times lol
Noone called HR, noone reported it, we handled it inhouse
That's because you're a bunch of hillbillies down there

JL 0513

Under the wide scope of honesty, a lot of it will depend on if they like you or not. That's just reality. If you've been a pain in managements ass for years, the first case of dishonesty they find, they finally have the prime opportunity to get rid of you. As a whole, most smaller cases of dishonesty are overlooked and drivers skate by without issue. Most cases involve sheeting incorrectly. If they fired for every offense, you'd lose most drivers on a yearly basis and your workforce would look like Amazon workers.

rod

Retired 23 years
If you aint been fired at least once you aint sheet.
I can't think of one person at my old center who wasn't fired at least once. There was a time when they would fire you for looking cross eyed. I never saw any firing that stuck if the guy fought it. Firing guys was just another means of harassment to them because they knew it was a waste of time in the long run.

rod

Retired 23 years
Back in the early 80’s... we had TLA meetings with management after our shift (on the clock...) Pizza and jugs of 🍺...drove home to boot...
I remember those. TLA's. They talked-you listened, and nothing changed. The free beer and pizza was nice though.