New video! What its like having a "target on your back"

DriverNerd

The sad thing is it's so normal at UPS to be constantly harassed that you're just never surprised by the stories any more.

You're not harassing him? Nope, we just write him up every day for every little thing, follow him every single day, and scrutinize every detail about his day looking for wasted time. But no, no harassment. 🙄

quad decade guy

The sad thing is it's so normal at UPS to be constantly harassed that you're just never surprised by the stories any more.

You're not harassing him? Nope, we just write him up every day for every little thing, follow him every single day, and scrutinize every detail about his day looking for wasted time. But no, no harassment. 🙄
Please define harassment. Please. Serious question.

DriverNerd

Please define harassment. Please. Serious question.
To create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

or

Aggressive pressure or intimidation.

or

Any repeated or continuing uninvited contact that serves no useful purpose beyond creating alarm, annoyance, or emotional distress

Depending on which dictionary you would like to use.

quad decade guy

To create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

or

Aggressive pressure or intimidation.

or

Any repeated or continuing uninvited contact that serves no useful purpose beyond creating alarm, annoyance, or emotional distress

Depending on which dictionary you would like to use.
K.
Textbook. Ok.

Now, apply it to reality......

Define "unwelcome"......or "aggressive".

How about "unpleasant"?

"Uninvited"? LOLOLOLOL.

See?

With respect(and I'm on your side).

DriverNerd

K.
Textbook. Ok.

Now, apply it to reality......

Define "unwelcome"......or "aggressive".

How about "unpleasant"?

"Uninvited"? LOLOLOLOL.

See?

With respect(and I'm on your side).
No, I get you. I gave one example on a previous post:
we just write him up every day for every little thing, follow him every single day, and scrutinize every detail about his day looking for wasted time.

I've seen some 9.5 drivers where ^^^ describes how they're treated by management.

quad decade guy

No, I get you. I gave one example on a previous post:

I've seen some 9.5 drivers where ^^^ describes how they're treated by management.
ABSOLUTELY TRUE. However, isn't that their right(mgt's)?. It's their company.

Point is.......words like unwelcome and uncomfortable are silly at UPS.

DriverNerd

However, isn't that their right(mgt's)?. It's their company.
No it's not management's company. It's all of our company. We're all employees of the company. It is management's job to make sure everyone is following the rules, absolutely, as well as it our job to follow them.

I'm not saying that if someone is out there being four hours over allowed every day that management shouldn't be allowed to follow them for a day or two to make sure they're actually working, but that should be the end of it. They shouldn't then follow them, and only them for weeks at a time. That person shouldn't be given write ups for not following the methods because they were honking every four seconds while backing instead of three, because they only partially were square to the bulkhead door while they closed it, or they waited too long at the stop sign to go. (I've seen all these things get drivers write ups).

I do believe management has a right to do their jobs and I also believe that all employees should be respectful of one another. But only holding one employee to standards you don't hold the rest of the employees that do the same job to is just wrong.

quad decade guy

No it's not management's company. It's all of our company. We're all employees of the company. It is management's job to make sure everyone is following the rules, absolutely, as well as it our job to follow them.

I'm not saying that if someone is out there being four hours over allowed every day that management shouldn't be allowed to follow them for a day or two to make sure they're actually working, but that should be the end of it. They shouldn't then follow them, and only them for weeks at a time. That person shouldn't be given write ups for not following the methods because they were honking every four seconds while backing instead of three, because they only partially were square to the bulkhead door while they closed it, or they waited too long at the stop sign to go. (I've seen all these things get drivers write ups).

I do believe management has a right to do their jobs and I also believe that all employees should be respectful of one another. But only holding one employee to standards you don't hold the rest of the employees that do the same job to is just wrong.
Your perspective just doesn't have any relativity to reality.

What you want or "feel" isn't really relevant.

UPS isn't your local liberal arts college.

With all respect.