No 6 punch OT

Just found out I haven’t been getting paid ot on my 6 punch. I’m a 224 and I’m scheduled Tue-Sat so Monday’s are my 6 punch. I just notified my supervisors and they are looking into it. Do they have 48 hours to fix the issue, and if they don’t should I file a grievance? No clue how this works so I’d appreciate any pointers.

Up In Smoke

Be timely and file a grievance. It can always be pulled back if the company straightens it out. DON'T forget any and all penalties.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Just found out I haven’t been getting paid ot on my 6 punch. I’m a 224 and I’m scheduled Tue-Sat so Monday’s are my 6 punch. I just notified my supervisors and they are looking into it. Do they have 48 hours to fix the issue, and if they don’t should I file a grievance? No clue how this works so I’d appreciate any pointers.
File asap with your time documented

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
To go along with the other guys' thoughts, double check your contract.
Here, Mondays for T-S employees are considered a 7th punch. (Double time.)

Make sure they pay you what you are owed.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
File asap with your time doc

I confirmed Monday is a 6 not a 7 punch for me. How would I go about filing a grievance? And is there another way to look up the times? Upsers only goes back a few weeks on my time cards.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Article 17 talks about checks being shorted and how long they have to address this issue in the master contract.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-205424_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-205424_Drive.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 133

Up In Smoke

Local grievance procedures prevail, ours allow us to go back 20 days for grievances. Payroll issues we've been able to go back even further. Penalties are 1/2 your daily guarantee per paid period until settled.

BigBrown87

My question is 1, do I need to wait the 48 hours before filing the grievance, and 2 what do I write?
No you need to notify them with your steward present and tell them you want your shortage paid ASAP. Then after the two days and not getting paid what you are owed then file an article 17 grievance and state you want penalty pay.

BigBrown87

My question is 1, do I need to wait the 48 hours before filing the grievance, and 2 what do I write?
You have to notify first then the clock begins so to speak at least thats what I have done with vacation checks are not paid before I go on vacation.

BigBrown87

It states in article 17 you must notify management first and then they have to give you a check within 2 scheduled work days.

BigBrown87

Just read article 17 in the master I can't give you anymore info that I haven't already given you already, ask your steward if any other issues a rise.

Up In Smoke

Just read article 17 in the master I can't give you anymore info that I haven't already given you already, ask your steward if any other issues a rise.
I would argue the clock started with the initial conversation with management. Catch your steward up and take good notes.