Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

rod

Retired 23 years
Bought one of these today hoping to get some to visit
View attachment 85217

I've got lots of hummingbirds around here. Don't be tricked into buying that store bought hummingbird food. Just use 4 parts water to one part sugar. Boil the water first before you add the sugar. Keep a close watch that ants don't find the feeder and plug it up. I clean mine thoroughly before adding more juice. Use a tooth pick and poke it in the feeding hole in the flowers to make sure they haven't sealed up. Hummingbirds are fun to watch---especially when they fight over the feeder.

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw them often when I was a kid living in Delaware.

I do have a lot of birds who decided to make themselves at home here now. Mostly finches and doves.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I've got lots of hummingbirds around here. Don't be tricked into buying that store bought hummingbird food. Just use 4 parts water to one part sugar. Boil the water first before you add the sugar. Keep a close watch that ants don't find the feeder and plug it up. I clean mine thoroughly before adding more juice. Use a tooth pick and poke it in the feeding hole in the flowers to make sure they haven't sealed up. Hummingbirds are fun to watch---especially when they fight over the feeder.
Good ole Minnesota fun.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Way back, I had a country hotel/bar way out in the sticks. I knew the owner pretty good since we stayed there every year for the first weekend of trout season. I used to open her private entrance to drop her packages. She must have had 10 hummingbird feeders outside her door.

Those little buggers were so used to people, I'd have to wave them away from my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.