Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

haller

Driver calls me this afternoon "Hey I've got a problem, can of paint exploded in the back"

Get there, UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. Paint EVERYWHERE, whole shelf is a rewrap along with everything on the floor.

And here i thought salt all over the shelf was bad. Does the company need to cover those lost 500 packages?

oldngray

nowhere special
Driver calls me this afternoon "Hey I've got a problem, can of paint exploded in the back"

Get there, UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. Paint EVERYWHERE, whole shelf is a rewrap along with everything on the floor.

I had a big paint spill in my truck once and the center manager had to come out in his shiny new Caddy. He had an hourly hazmat responder with him but he had to put that mess in his trunk.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I had a big paint spill in my truck once and the center manager had to come out in his shiny new Caddy. He had an hourly hazmat responder with him but he had to put that mess in his trunk.
I bagged the hell of everything. Rags, paper towels, you name it. I really should have just brought him out a fresh package car, but transferring that many pieces over didn't sound too inviting to me.

rod

Retired 23 years

We had a 5 gallon bucket of yellow Highway paint tip over and spill in the rear of a P800 one time. The driver was able to save most of the pkgs around it and never even called it in. Trouble was was that it continued to leak out for most of the rest of the day on his town route and for the next year or so you could follow the yellow brick road every place he had went.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a 5 gallon bucket of yellow Highway paint tip over and spill in the rear of a P800 one time. The driver was able to save most of the pkgs around it and never even called it in. Trouble was was that it continued to leak out for most of the rest of the day on his town route and for the next year or so you could follow the yellow brick road every place he had
went.
I'll hand it to the guy, he did a great job containing it. He put down DR bags over the spill so he wouldn't get it on his shoes and track it everywhere and kept on delivering until I could meet up with him.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'll hand it to the guy, he did a great job containing it. He put down DR bags over the spill so he wouldn't get it on his shoes and track it everywhere and kept on delivering until I could meet up with him.

Uh oh. Warning letter.

He didn't follow hazmat procedure.

I parked my truck and waited for them to come out and clean it up. Which is how its supposed to be done.

oldngray

nowhere special
Former designated responder, I trust his judgement.

"Former"

Some of it is BS I admit and most spills I had weren't hazmats. Like the cherry syrup going to a donut place that was extremely messy but not hazardous. Your guy knew it was paint where there is no doubt about it being hazardous.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
"Former"

Some of it is BS I admit and most spills I had weren't hazmats. Like the cherry syrup going to a donut place that was extremely messy but not hazardous. Your guy knew it was paint where there is no doubt about it being hazardous.
Paint isn't considered a hazardous material in our system. I forget what the cutoff is.

oldngray

nowhere special
Paint isn't considered a hazardous material in our system. I forget what the cutoff is.

limited quantity changed a couple of times but it depends on what kind of paint also.I had a paint place on my route that almost quit using UPS for hazmats because of all the hassle and extra cost.

They switched to FedEx Ground who didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.