nowhere special
I got a few wet spots in my truck.

Free pass....let's here it.

here ya go

depends.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years

Full stop landing starts at 1:20
I was always amazed at the short distance these C-130 4 engine planes need for landings and take-offs. They used to land at our fire support bases in Vietnam and those places didn't have much more space than a football field. When they would take off they would have their engines revved up to the max and the locked wheels would be sliding on the ground before they let the brakes go. I never realized they had landed on aircraft carriers too.

oldngray

nowhere special

I was always amazed at the short distance these C-130 4 engine planes need for landings and take-offs. They used to land at our fire support bases in Vietnam and these places didn't have much more space than a football field. When they would take off they would have their engines revved up to the max and the locked wheels would be sliding on the ground before they let the brakes go. I never realized they had landed on aircraft carriers too.

They are short take off but a carrier is very unusual. Probably more of a stunt just to show it could be done.

I was always amazed at the short distance these C-130 4 engine planes need for landings and take-offs. They used to land at our fire support bases in Vietnam and those places didn't have much more space than a football field. When they would take off they would have their engines revved up to the max and the locked wheels would be sliding on the ground before they let the brakes go. I never realized they had landed on aircraft carriers too.
Good evening Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.